Sign in to follow this  
A-J

ABS shock quick Q

GSF list one type of rear shock on their site for 4 pots which is an ABS one. I assume this just means it has an extra bracket for sensor/wiring and would be suitable for non ABS cars?

No idea what you mean there.. the ABS sensor doesn't attach to the shock on the rear, and on the front it clips over the mounting bolts - there's no specific part of the shock that needs to be anything special for this to happen.

IIRC GSF have two parts: oil-only and gas-over-oil dampers. The latter are more expensive and weren't fitted in the factory but offer slightly better damping in extreme use.

As it happened they only had 1 gas shock in stock so went for that. Not sure why it states ABS in the description on the GSF website if the shock has nothing to do with ABS.

I just logged into there and it makes no sense to me either. the abbreviation is correct, their use of ABS does mean anti-lock braking system (I was wondering what FAG meant, turned out to be the manufacturer's name! :lol: )

as said, rear struts are the same, ABS or none.