Sign in to follow this  
TajMan

New owner here, just a few questions.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I just bought a 1990 Corrado G60. I don't actually have it yet, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Anyway, it looks like a fun car and this looks like a good message board. I come from the 3si.org message board, my last car was a Dodge Stealth (Mitsubishi 3000GT or GTO for all you non U.S. guys). What percent of this forum is from the U.S. anyway? It seems like most are in Europe. What were the U.S. production figures for the Corrado?, they are pretty rare over here for sure. Are there any Corrado or at least VW specific tuner shops or web sites around? Where can I order standard performance parts from like chips, 68mm pulley, etc? I don't care if they're in the U.S. as long as they will ship to the U.S. What are some shops in the U.S. that can rebuild the supercharger and how much does that usually cost in USD. What's all the difference with the stage 4 rebuild or whatever its called? The car I'm getting has 150K on it and I'm anticipating a supercharger rebuild in the near future but its ok cause I got a good deal on it. It also needs a new starter motor. I just planned to pick one up at the auto parts store and install it, is there anything special I need to know? How hard is it to get parts for these things in the U.S.? Thanks for any answers you guys can give me, let the good times roll!

Hello and welcome!

First off if your charger hasn't been reconditioned/refurbished in the last 40,000 to 60,000 miles get it done ASAP!!! Very costly if it goes boom. One company over that way is http://www.kompressor-kanada.ca/ . There is also a 'sticky' message on the http://www.vwvortex.com./ forum.

As for any other gen, check out the site. It is a very active site and the guys here are very helpful. Loads of good gen. There are a handful of our US and Canadian brethern on the site.

Well I got the car. It is offically the biggest P.O.S. corrado ever. I have no doubt that it is the worst condition running corrado out of everyone on this forum. Off to the garage to work my mechanical magic, I'll let you guys know how it is when I'm done.

Hi TajMan - welcome to the forum.

You may find the answers to most of your questions if you use the "search" option at the top of the screen. We are getting an ever inceasing amount of USA based users on the forum now. You could also try : http://www.corrado-club.com/