Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

dual exit

i may get a slatting for asking but i like dual exit exhausts has anyone done one or got any pics of one done on there own car , or even no were i can buy one that isnt going to break the bank ,

i notice the fuel tank might be an issue cheers :D

Can be done. Seen them for the Golf MK2.

Look at ebay item number 160208024638.

For example you could take a Scorpion back box ...cut the right hand exit pipe and add a custom exit pipe that feeds to the right.

Plenty of room at the rear of the petrol tank for a single pipe but not really enough room for a box with side exits

sure somone has them on here, :( cant remember who, but has pic in he/her avatar.

John Mitchell, aka 16VG60 has one,he is a Milltek agent and got them to make one up to his design, looks very OE

I've also read in here somewhere that Powerflow will make one up also.

I should imagine any custom exhaust centre would make you one for a price.

Pay Top Gear in Cardiff a visit...they may be able to accomodate...otherwise shouldn't be too difficult to do it yourself.

Think i might have a bash at doing this.

John Mitchell, aka 16VG60 has one,he is a Milltek agent and got them to make one up to his design, looks very OE

that sounds good, i could make one myself apart from i dont have access to a tig only a mig so i would have to hi temp paint the welds which would be ok .

ive actually got a twin exit scorpion box sorted i just have not had the balls to cut the bumper ,

also trying to figure out how to make the right hand bumper hole look more oem when i do .

and i have got to sort out another jetex oval as thats whats there now so it will match.

Maybe get a 2nd bumper and cut out a section around the standard exhaust hole, fibreglass it onto your other bumper from the inside, fill the gaps and get it repainted.

would be time and money, but surely would look properly OEM+!

ive actually got a twin exit scorpion box sorted i just have not had the balls to cut the bumper ,

also trying to figure out how to make the right hand bumper hole look more oem when i do .

and i have got to sort out another jetex oval as thats whats there now so it will match.

My plan is to make a template of the existing left hand cut out and use that to mark out the right hand one.

I'll then measure from the centre of the bumper to hopefully end up with the two cut outs even on both sides.

I'll get the pipe made to measure rather than have the pipe made first and find out that it exits uneven compared to the left hand side.

I've been quoted £175 to have the rear pipes made up.

Citreon saxo`s/106`s usually have twin exhausts dont they? :nono: :dorky:

looks good on some cars, R32, Alfas, mercs and BMW`s but will look a bit chav on a corrado imo, and money well spent on other things that have broken/gone wrong/fell off ya rado

Mine won't be done for about another month yet.

Got the back box made up with the dual exits.

Just have to find time to customise the mid section now.

so you have the whole thing done? I mean, right exit connected to the left muffler?

pics please :D

how are you passing the exhaust through the emergency wheel ??

The pipe will sit between the wheel well and the rear valance/apron.

I'ts going to be a tight fit and i'm not even sure it's going to sit exactly were i planned.

Might have to sit it lower, and if that's the case, i'll have to think about fitting a bigger rear apron :nuts: .

The rear exhaust section i had made up by a French company called Ultra Tuning.

It's the joint that's circled in red that is causing the problem because it isn't long enough to reach the existing mid section joint of my Scorpion system. Also need to move a couple of the hangers.

So now i am having to wait for a mid section pipe to be made up.

UltraTuningdualexit2.jpg

I had a twin exit exhaust, however because of those issues, they came out of the side just before the rear wheels, one on each side.

Looked awesome, and sounded like a beast!!!

Sorry, I don't have any decent pics of it, can kinda see it in the attatchment.

I had M3 skirts on too so it surrounded the pipes, looked much neater.gazrado.JPG[/attachment:y92p1vvh]

similar setup for the passat should work on the corrados. Although twin tips looks good I think performance wise it will not do much unless you have two rear mufflers. If going with one muffler the key is to get the exhaust out as fast as you can.

20081215_9cf4d54554b04e0fd71eRxw3P1l0Y8di.jpg

20081215_7436cf6c8db779cebed6AcfG9RcXqwKo.jpg

20081214_861d85b7b6da0723c1abayfjXhM4oPsE.jpg

20081214_1df82e5ee90b676176cdWaKHbjZ3VVGZ.jpg

20081204_61e61018a0c3b9a153b2hdvQPjbfS0LT.jpg

20081204_2d4d2560f415820d8475m7OM07Ejtcc0.jpg

20081204_ab9587ba8836b65e9f52URhqB8L26ZSp.jpg

20081204_f0172c8f98d6f3ef0c8bX1tTsP078olv.jpg

20081204_9c8bd71e336ea755c56aLFV1xgyyC9Pc.jpg