Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

just to say hello to everyone

hi my name is liam i have jus recently purchased a 2.0 16v corrado and would hope to think i am welcome on this forum? :) i have a couple of issues though i really would like to have help with

one is that what is the normal running temp and oil temp as ive had to put in a fan override switch as i feel it is to high it sits at 100 degreese and the oil temp went up to 118 today doig 80 mph?????? anything

also ive found out its been messed with and it hunts when cold badly and it feels like its boging down low down in the revs and it will then shoot off and it fades out just before the rev limiter??

and a quick one whats the common thing again about the sunroof not going back?

any help and i would be much obliged

liam

Hello and welcome, all the issues you are having are quite common and have been discussed loads of times already......the search is what you need to use......click on advanced search .......then type key words......ie 2.0 16v hunting idle etc

try these for a start

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 0+16v+idle

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... ning+temps

oh and get some pics up :D

ahh right kool well they are alot different to what im getting on my rado and the running prob is different too lol

just my luck

i shall have to persist

cheers liam

dont get overly worried by oil temp, all corrados run hot (and vw`s in general i have found) my oil temp was 110 in the g60 today :grin:

only way to drop that significantly is by using a seperate uprated 13 row or simmilar oil coooler mounted at the side of your rad instead of the oil/water bath type as standard

bad running will be so hard to diagnose without the car in front of someone, even if they are a mechanic! it can be a multitude of things, best way is to get diagnostic check and take it to a garage you trust to work on your car

yeh im in the process of getting an iol cooler but the fan overide has helped i just was well suprised me when it runs at 100 degreese lol and in traffic 110 degreese huh in my mind thats a bit warm lol

the running prob im trying to get hold of a metering head but it is strange

damn cars but you love em :D