Sign in to follow this  
filski

abs fault codes

mornin - enjoying the sun i hope finally..:)

got a VAG-Com reading the other week from Dan_Storm (ta mate) and this is the result - had ABS light come on randomly whilst drivin.

Address 03: ABS Brakes

Controller: 1H0 907 379 D

Component: ABS TEVES 04

3 Faults Found:

00532 - Supply Voltage B+

35-00 - -

00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Left (G46)

35-00 - -

00793 - Brake Pedal Position Sensor (G100)

are the wheel sensors simple enopugh to replace..i know the rear bearing need sorting outt soonish so could do it all together..but not sure what code 00532 Supply voltage B+ means...

is there a code book which explains what they all mean?

thanks guys..

no, didn't rescan after drive as i had to meet with Dan in pub carpark for the scan and ran out of time..

battery is about 1-1.5 yrs old..

Supply voltage means the battery has been flat *at some point* since the last time you cleared the codes.

Clear it and ignore it unless it comes back.

The rear sensors are quite expensive, you may just need to clean up the ABS rotor.

The pedal position sensor is on the brake master cylinder, iirc.

the ABS light came on randomly the other day in my VR, got it VagCom-ed and got the same code (00532 - Supply Voltage B+). Had them cleared and the light stayed on even after a drive. When we attached the vagcom again we still had the 00532 - Supply Voltage B+ error. Aparently this is caused by not enough power getting to the ABS pump or ECU. some thing to do with relays. I was tempted to take the bulb out but id rather it was there so i knew i had to take it easy until i find a cure. If any one knows whats causing this that would be much help! Tempted to buy a new battery any way as i think mine is slowly becoming weak

You won't get that while the car is going along unless you have a faulty ABS relay. Apparently they're under the glovebox, but I never found 'em myself ..

isnt there something under a bit of plastic on the left in the passenger footwell thats some thing to do with the ABS system???

You won't get that while the car is going along unless you have a faulty ABS relay. Apparently they're under the glovebox, but I never found 'em myself ..

Going from memory (errr) if you remove the bottom panel of the dash under the glove box and maybe the glove box too. There's 2 relay next to the cylindrical part (not sure what it is) on the left. Thats IF they're the ones related to the ABS. Can someone else can shed some light?

Yeah the ABS relays are behind the glovebox - quite high up...

The ECU is in the pass side footwell - opposite to where the bonnet release is

That error could be caused by a bad battery but I would also check the ecu and relays for water damage.

the ABS light came on randomly the other day in my VR, got it VagCom-ed and got the same code (00532 - Supply Voltage B+). Had them cleared and the light stayed on even after a drive. When we attached the vagcom again we still had the 00532 - Supply Voltage B+ error. Aparently this is caused by not enough power getting to the ABS pump or ECU. some thing to do with relays. I was tempted to take the bulb out but id rather it was there so i knew i had to take it easy until i find a cure. If any one knows whats causing this that would be much help! Tempted to buy a new battery any way as i think mine is slowly becoming weak

I have exactly the same problem with my C, I recently changed the battery and the light stayed off (just in time for MOT), however the fault has now returned and has me stumped, I have replaced the 2 relays near the glovebox and have tried a spare ABS controll unit- with no effect. So any ideas will also be appreciated by me.

Rich

thanks for your replies...not sure i wanna start messin with the ignition/relays too much...i'll get the codes cleared and go for a spin and check it again..still not sure what the actual problem is but i'll have a play around and let you know what i find.

I have done a VAG COM scan on my ABS system, I had the following codes come up:

Address 03: ABS Brakes

Controller: 1H0 907 379 D

Component: ABS TEVES 04

3 Faults Found:

00532 - Supply Voltage B+

35-00 - -

00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Right (G46)

35-00 - -

00287 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Right (G44)

35-00 - -

00257 - ABS Inlet Valve-Left Front (N101)

I had the dreaded supply voltage come up like whats been mentioned before (replaced battery). It is safe to assume the rear right sensor needs to be replaced, or looked at. The bit that confused me was, 00257 - ABS Inlet Valve-Left Front (N101). Can anyone explain what it means and how i go about fixing it? I cleared it but it came back. Thanks.

PS does anyone have a rear right wheel sensor going spare? :D