Sign in to follow this  
marcocorrado

Dodgy Idle and Poor fuel consumption

Hi guys. Im guessing that many of you will have heard this question before but i could do with some advice as to what to do. THe idle on the car hunts from about 1k-1.5k and is only doing about 28 mpg at best on a motorway journey of 70 miles at 70mph. The car Is a 1993 2.0 16v and standard. Will the ISV make a difference to the fuel consumption?

I swapped my ISV with a mates and the cars runs perfect but have not had a chance to test it for MPG as he wanted it back for some reason :shrug: .

I dont want to have to fork out for a new one if i dont have to. Ive since cleaned my one out and the idle is much better but still not perfect.

Anyone recon that this will effect the MPG. The car isnt insured at the moment so a long test run is a bit out of the question really. If anyone thinks that changing the valve will better the cars running then i will but a new one.

ANY idea where to find a cheap one and how much? Think mine is a VDO. The sticker is a bit ripped.

Any help would be appreciated as i dont really want to start driving the car till i have it sorted, especially with the price of fuel at the moment. Cheers

Marco

sounds like you have already answered your own question its the isv

look in the parts for sale section on here

and Ebay would be a good start seen some on there as of late

kelly

I bought a used one on ebay for £11 and it didn't work any better than the last one, but then found an ebay shop that sold me a brand new one for £40. So if you do get one off there, make shure it's being sold as a working unit!, I think from VW new they're £120ish

I bought a used one on ebay for £11 and it didn't work any better than the last one

Hi

Did the ebay one buzz when connected and ignition on ?