Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

cleaned MAF and ISV and now engine splutters?

I took my MAf out to clean it as my car was stalling alot at lights and i took my ISV out and cleaned that and put it back together and now the engine sounds like its running on less then 6 cylinders and splutters.

Now when i start the engine it revs up and dies stright back down and cuts out.

If i apply revs and turn the engine on it splutters and sounds like a dragster and the exhaust pops near the manifold.

I also have low fuel (onto the red) and im parked on a sight hill facing downwards, can low fuel cause the engine to act like this?

Thanks for your help.

its ok, ive sorted it, well the RAC man sorted it.

Whilst cleaning it all, i had pulled one of the pipes off that goes onto the throttle body. silly me!

indeed i do!

I have RAC cover, but not home start, so i had to upgrade at the price of £56 for the RAC man to come and find my silly mistake!

Funnily enough, it was the same guy who come to my recuse for my 2ltr 16v corrado 3 years ago!

As it took him 5 mins to find the stupid pipe not attatched we had a chat for half an hour and he's got a caterham 7 that he's built and reall into his cars. Very nice chap!