Sign in to follow this  
nickycooke

Spoiler>>?

Surely there must be enough info about the spoiler to have a dedicated thread like the interior and suspension ones etc?

I know its boring for some people as they already know how one works or how to fix it but others dont, I couldnt find any really usefull info when mine brok so i just got the spanners out and played it by ear, mine work fine now and it was done whithout any prior knowledge as i couldnt find much in the way of "how to" threads, so their is a gap in the data base and info all over the place

Dont expect anyone to take any notice :wave: but it would be far better to have a dedicated thread on it

Ah but now we have hit upon the age old problem.....

Feel free to put a thread or article together for the Wiki ;)

guys, thanks for the tips on using the search and advanced search.

i do use the search facility but as Aqua said it brought up so much info that i got lost pretty quick.

however, i have one final question....i promise......

..........the meaning of life??? discuss

only kiddin :nono:

but i do have one final question..... on previos posts the wire is said to be blue/white or blue/grey.

looking at mine i have both.....B/W going to "remote on" and B/G going to "dimmer"

what is the bad boy that needs removin????

cheers

and what did you do? Yesterday I unplugged the stero and all blue/white wire coming from the spoiler control box... and nothing happened :(

oh no, here goes....me imparting knowledge to somebody.

i have been havin trouble with my stereo recently anyway, whenever i turned the ignition off, the stereo lost all the radio stations etc.

also the spoiler wasnt workin so i thought i would kill 2 birds with one stone.

obviosly had a good idea how to fix the problem with the spoiler and as far as i could tell just needed to swap a couple of wires around with the stereo wiring to get a constant live.

hence, the stereo was totally unplugged yesterday until i could get to a mates house and we could have a look at it.

so basically the blue/white wire wasnt getting any kind of signal from the stereo (as if i had cut the wire, but without actually cutting it).

went a spin and up came the spoiler.

then just a case of cutting the blue/white wire (i cut it couple of inches behind the iso plug) and taped the ends up.

so what i would recommend for anybody having the same problem is

- before cutting anything, stripping bits of spoiler off etc

- unplug the head unit

- take the car a spin and see if it remedies the problems

- if the problem still persists, then it is probably not the blue/white wire that is causing it

thank you for posting it ;)

however, it is not the problem I have.. :( no one else has it. I read only one topic about the same case as mine, and the user gave up posting 3 years ago without giving any solutions to it :mad2: