Sign in to follow this  
loopylindsay

wind screen seal part number?

hey

my front screen seal has come undone and lifts up on one side has any one got the part number for this or know what to use to fix the silly thing!

cool thanks hun! that was quick! just to double check its for the plastic bit that goes all the way around the screen just for cosmetics not anything major!

can i fix it or is it easier to get a new 1?

Oh, that's the part number for the rubber seal, so don't use that. Have a look here

Depends whether it's cracked or just lifting away. Got any pics?

its just lifting away i can push it back down but it wont stay think a lil bit on the bottom has cracked took some pics how do i upload them on the site? do you have to use photobucket or is there a site gallery?

There is a tab to select 'upload attachment' and you can put your pics in there :D

Just stick it back down again with some sealant, it's only trim to make it look nice, the screen is actually glued in place first and then the trim poked in around the edge of the screen to make it look nice....

If I was you i'd pull it out and clean out the channel it sits in, making sure that you get any moisture out as it's not uncommon to see rust appearing under that seal. You can stick it back in with some black sealant and jobs a goodun :) - it'll only need to be replaced if it's broken in some way.

I can see you've managed to post a pic now, but here's a thread giving you a couple of hints anyway - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=65883

yeah did it eventually! yeah there was a bit or rust but already sorted that! what sealant is the best? is there a specific one?

thanks for all your help btw guys its much appreciated

Pop down to your local windscreen place and blag a small bit or ask them to do it (they won't charge you unless they are tight). If you use the wrong stuff when it comes to getting a new windscreen etc it can hold too tight and rip the seal etc...