Sign in to follow this  
IansCorrado

Newbie from Shropshire

Hi All, thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new pride and joy, a 1990 Corrado 16v in metallic green, grey, green, grey well its hard to tell really! The car is totally standard inc the Golf Rallye style wheels and has just had a fortune spent on its mechanicals. She goes like a dream with only a few niggling faults (very minor really for its age)

This is my first Corrado and I must say, I am hooked on it. Git to sort a minor splutter when accelerating from cold, (just waiting for the injector cleaner to do its thing!) and a sticky clutch pedal (has had a new clutch already) then it'll be onto the bodywork and a bare metal respray. Does anyone have a spare 90mm front spoiler for sale?

I opted for a non sunroof model and am also looking for a headlining, are they still available?

Anyway, heres's the pics! Hope you like it. Please feel free to let me know what you think!

Ian

thum_388748454a709c272.jpg

thum_388748454a71317ce.jpg

Welcome dude! I used to live in Shrewsbury/Whitcurch!

Non-sunroof is rare as you like! not sure on the headlining availability, but I would imagine not :(

I'm in Hadley, Telford and travel through Bridgnort at least once per week, good to know of another Corrado locally

Cheers Andy, do you get along to Tweedale? Hoping to go to the next meeting! Im in Oldbury village if you ever fancy popping in for coffee (will give the Mrs something to do! :lol: )

Hi Mrbeige, so you are not in Shropshire any more then?

Not any more dude, moved to Cambridgeshire for a job :( Wont be staying down here though, people are generally nowhere near as friendly (VW-nutters excluded of course).

True, Shropshire folk are pretty friendly. But then I have not really travelled so dunno what other areas are like. Lived in Coventry for a couple of years and must say I was suprised how nice the people round there were being a big city.

Would never move from the tranquility of Bridgnorth again tho! Green green grass is set just a few miles from my home and I suppose I am a bit like Elgin Sparrowhawk! lol

Bigpantsbaby ( a member on here ) had a non-sunroof headlining for sale a while back, it might be worth contacting him to see if he's still got it, it could be a difficult bit to get hold of otherwise. The clutch problem sounds like it could be the master or slave cylinder - if you try the search function it should bring up quite a few suggestions for a fix, some as easy as checking that the dash undertrays are fitted properly in case the pedal is catching on one of them.

The colour is dark green metalic as far as I can make out, you dont see too many around in this colour - and the alloys are called 'sebrings' which were fitted to all early 16v rados :dorky:

Cheers Walesy, will get on about the headlining, a previous owner has stapled mine back up lol!

So with the lack of sunroof and the unusual colour, is it worth spending a bit getting it right ?

Just had a look at the paint code thread, according to the list on there the colour was only used in 1990 which is why you dont see too many around.

The fact that it's a 'rare' colour and hasn't got a sunroof won't really have any effect on it's value or saleability, so i'd say spend as much or as little as you want on it! Nowadays they're unfortunately not an investment on the whole, so you have to be in it for the love of it really! :) always baring in mind that you'll be unlikely to get the money you spend out back when it comes to selling it.

Well matey, I love my Corrado and am not too worried about getting the money back that I spend, Its really nice to know its quite a rare colour etc, thanks so much for your help, I love it even more now! Still not sure I like the wheels tho?

corrados look like a blank canvas wen they have no mods! very cool! i didnt like the standard wheels that much either! they look alright but way prefere a nice aftermarket pair!keep us posted on the new creations!if you decide to do anything!