Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

Blowing the dust off my CF account

Its been a long time sice ive been on here but its MOT time and I have some issues.

My sump has a slow leak, I am quite capable of changing it myself, I did it a year ago, and there-in lies my question, I have to fork out £65 plus vat for the sump and £35 PLUS VAT!!!! for the gasket, after 1 year how important is it that I change the gasket aswell, I know I should but is it an absoulte definate or more a "its sensible to"??

Also my ABS works intermittantly, the light is on most of the time and every now and then it goes off for a spell, I was advised that this has something to do with some kind of valve??? My knowledge of the intricacies and inner workings of ABS are limited, can anyone assist/explain/hypothosise. I know a vagcom would probs pick this up but im not paying extortion merchants VAG to do it unless I abosolutely have to.

PS can anyone confirm as Im not sure, VR6 oil, 10W40 part sythetic??

Many thanks

MJ

LOL, still got the purple beast then?

You can have my old 24V alloy sump if you want it. £30. Just needs siliconing to the block and that's it. Bolts straight onto the 12V, easy peasy.

Same capacity etc.

Mind you, last time I saw your car it was about 3mm off the ground, so may not be a good idea. Is that why your current sump is leaking? Did you bash it?

I can Slag Bag COM your ABS brain at the same time if you want the sump?

Yep, 10W/40. The Quantum Silver can from the stealers....

Yeah its still alive and but country roads and lowerd cars really arent a sump's best friend, ive raised her up to a slightly more respectable height since tho.

That would be wicked thanks!! Where are you at these days and when is good for you? Give me your postcode and i'll "google maps" ya