Sign in to follow this  
n3p

Powerflow Exhuasts / 4-2-1 Mani :- Info needed!

Good morning chaps,

I was wondering if anyone knew much about powerflow exhausts, and what options you have when buying a setup. My 16v was bought with one, but I'm a bit of an exhaust n00b tbh so I don't really know what kind it is.

Basically I am looking for a 4-2-1 exhaust mani to go with my 9a bottom end, but I don't know if I would have to change the whole exhaust thingy..someone also mentioned taking the CAT off? (Although I'm not sure If i have one!).

So to conclude;

Can my powerflow system work with an aftermarket 4-2-1, How much work would be involved, and if so, which 4-2-1 should I go for?

Any help is appreciated, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific on my exhaust details. I know it has a lifetime guarantee, and a picture is attached (Although the car looks alot different now!)

Cheers 8)

Not much but here goes - The aftermarket mani should fit fine to a powerflow exhaust, Cant see why it wouldnt. With your rado being a J reg i would imagine it will have a cat. If in doubt have a look underneath the car - big bulge between the front of the car and the centrebox.

Sorry i couldnt help more.

Not much but here goes - The aftermarket mani should fit fine to a powerflow exhaust, Cant see why it wouldnt. With your rado being a J reg i would imagine it will have a cat. If in doubt have a look underneath the car - big bulge between the front of the car and the centrebox.

Cheers! Will have a look tonight :). It's a J indeed, but has an early interior & bonnet, 2.0L PAS setup, etc. (Last of the old valvers)

I'm assuming that powerflow systems go straight on to the factory exhaust mani?

Cheers! Will have a look tonight :). It's a J indeed, but has an early interior & bonnet, 2.0L PAS setup, etc. (Last of the old valvers)

Yeah i had a J reg G60, early interior and bonnet and it had a cat. Its more down to the date of manufacture as opposed to early/late spec. There's a bit of confusion as to what date was the cut off for cars requiring a CAT. I believe its 1992> AFAIK your being a J doesnt NEED a CAT to pass the MOT, but it does have one. Someone may correct, not sure if all valvers had NO CAT or whether it was just the late ones that had a CAT fitted.

Yeah it will. If you DO have a CAT and you're just replacing the centre pipe, centre box and back box but leaving the CAT in you wont touch the mani OR if you replace the aforementioned and also the CAT with a by-pass pipe then again there wont be a problem fitting it to a standard mani, or aftermarket for that matter