Sign in to follow this  
Talc

wheres the horn?!

This is getting stupid, Got the MOT next week, so went through to check that everything worked: horn doesn't work, checked all of the fuses, pulled steering wheel apart and cleaned the points, checked cables connected.

Now, i'm trying to find the actual horn unit, its not behind the grill, not behind the fog lights, not behind the dirt covers in the wheel arches, not anywhere apparent in the engine bay...

LHD 92 vr6... Help. :confused4:

hmmmm.......I always thought that both horns (high/low tone) were behind the front grille! That's the only place I've ever seen them, but I have only owned early spec rados! :?

had same problem last week. found two seperate horns behind front grill disconnected one of them and the other worked?! worked for me and got me through the MOT??

IIRC, there were a set of horns underneath the O/S front wing from that 92 plate I cut up. There also seem to be horns behind the grille on my 90 plate.

Perhaps Dec is right and grille horns are early, and wing horns are late? :shrug:

I've had 6 early Corrado's and all had two horns behind the grille, the late one I have now does not have them there, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find out where they / it is / are.

I'm just being a tard! Nearside and Offside and easy enough to remember I reckon, I got confused cos the car was on it's roof when I took the horns off :nuts:

Do the factory corrado's have both the high and low tones connected? I disconnected the high one, sounded a bit too :camp: