Sign in to follow this  
ArnieG60

Charger rebuilt job done :)

Ok the story is I was on my way back from GTI international and the corrado starts smoking from around the engine bay..........

so I get home have a look around and notice the smoke and a fair bit of oil are coming from (see pics)

so I speak to one guy who says there is suppose to be a pipe coming from there and it must have popped of during the drive and another said no there should not be a pipe coming from there it stays open like that and that the cause of the smoke/oil coming from there is maybe due to the charger being on its way out.....

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a pipe coming from there and to were it goes to..............or if it is supposed to be open like that and to what could be causing the smoke/oil leaking from there, many thanks............

ps.. it only really smokes and pisses out oil from there when rev'd :help:

That's the boost return pipe location that would go from under the throttle body back to the charger (search for it on here) people take them off and block the charger end to stop the hot air being recirculated. So i guess that oil and smoke from there is coming from your charger, you can check it's boost levels using the 'hidden' MFA section, again a quick search will bring up how and what to look for for a healthy charger.

Sorry if it's bad news

HTH

That's the boost return pipe location that would go from under the throttle body back to the charger (search for it on here) people take them off and block the charger end to stop the hot air being recirculated. So i guess that oil and smoke from there is coming from your charger, you can check it's boost levels using the 'hidden' MFA section, again a quick search will bring up how and what to look for for a healthy charger.

Sorry if it's bad news

HTH

Thnx for your help mate looks like its time to send the charger for a rebuild........... :gag:

unlucky mate.

Did u do a quarter mile out of interest ?

Na not this time......... lol im kinda glad I didnt imagine if the charger blew on the strip :pale:

if its just an oil seal there will be no need to have a complete overhaul of the unit.. Send it down if you want an inspection of the unit for free

if its just an oil seal there will be no need to have a complete overhaul of the unit.. Send it down if you want an inspection of the unit for free

Yea cheerz mate I will try get down this weekend...