Sign in to follow this  
mattkh

1991 1.8 16v kr

This-part.jpg

Pull the end of the throttle cable with the big black part. When you release this, it will move back to the original position and part of the mechanism will hit a small switch. Sorry I don't have any better pics, but it's i that area.

well, here there was one of my startup / idling problems. The accelerator cable didn't push this switch.

I have been reading a lot about this fu**** switch, and have tested mine.... so if anyone has any questions, I will solve them if I can :p

but here comes a question: I have read there are two switches. the idling one, and the full-charge one. where is the full-charge microswitch? I have read there, that another of my C's problems may be right there... What happens is that when I push the accelerator pedal against the floor ( :norty: ), the car accelerates much less than if I push it slowly (I mean, pushing while it is accelerating).......... and this may probably be a problem coming from the full-charge microswitch...

okay great. I found some kind of user manual for golf 2 and jetta, including kr engine. with many "how-to" test almost everyting related to k-jetronic and so on(e) (is it written with e? :D)

I spent this afternoon testing all of that and I think my startup problem comes from ISV..

I have a question about cleaning it. Do I have to apply 12v to the ISV so that it opens, and then fill it with gas?? or without 12v? I did it without, and it didn't make any difference between after and before,,,

okay great. I found some kind of user manual for golf 2 and jetta, including kr engine. with many "how-to" test almost everyting related to k-jetronic and so on(e) (is it written with e? :D)I spent this afternoon testing all of that and I think my startup problem comes from ISV..

Hi

Well done. What manual is it ?

I just immersed the non-plug end of the ISV in carb cleaner overnight.

I have heard you have to do it while you plug 12v in it, so that it opens the valve... I did it without 12v and dit almos nothing :nuts: