Sign in to follow this  
Nik Patel

slight starting probelms

my car every couple of weeks or so it takes about 5-7 secs to start, the outside temp. does not affect this problem

i was thinking could it be the leads?

any ideas? :roll:

Hi nick,

Need more info. Is it from cold, or always when warm. Does it only happen for right after after its switched off and your trying to start it again?

Cause I've read somewhere that injectors can sometimes leak which will have the effect of flooding the engine when its turned off. If you try to start it quickly again it won't catch. Though if its left for a while the fuel clears and it'll start again.

Just a thought!

nik, i have a similar problem at the moment, you can see under the boring heading in the problems forum. i was told by a garage that it was my leads but a couple of chaps have said its my fuel pressure. still havent sorted it though. keep us informed if you try something.

Have you tried using redex? I put it in every so often. It made a big difference in cold starts and general running after the first time i used it. It's only about a fiver, so it's worth a go.

no aint tried it, so i might give it go as its cheaper than getting new ht leads also some people are saying it could be fuel related which might explain redex working for your corrado

no aint tried it, so i might give it go as its cheaper than getting new ht leads also some people are saying it could be fuel related which might explain redex working for your corrado

Most problems of this nature are fuel related.... from what you describe it looks like you have a couple of dicky injectors..... get it down to a bosch agent to test the spray patterns.....

When you do get it started after churning it over is there smoke from the exhaust ?

not sure about the smoke from the exhaust but ill check it out next time

but if there is smoke does that mean its definatley fuel related?injectors?