Sign in to follow this  
krnau

cold/hot sometimes startup problem

hello. I have read all topics found with the search utility, and have neither found no answer to my problem nor any post about the same thing..

I own a KR and I have the following problem:

when I startup the engine, about 90% times I do it, it starts doing like "trac - trac - trac" at 300-400rpm. Then, about avg. 5 - 10 seconds, it makes like brommm and keeps itself at 1.000rpm (where it works OK).

It happens when it is cold and hot outside, and with cold and hot engine. I can appreciate it happens when the car has been off for a while (30minutes or more, aprox.).

I have tested the cold injector when the engine is at about 80

Try a new Cold Start Valve and Warm Up Reg, although they won't be in use when the engine is warm.

Sounds like your engine is a bit tired to be honest, or perhaps some of the sensors are dying?

Try a new Cold Start Valve and Warm Up Reg, although they won't be in use when the engine is warm.

Sounds like your engine is a bit tired to be honest, or perhaps some of the sensors are dying?

well the thing is, it also works bad when warm... :?

what do you mean with "a bit tired"?

and what sensors you mean?

thanks for your help!!!

yes I was thinking about it. What really confuses me is the fact that it is only sometimes... and most usually when it has been some time off.

BUT take, for example, this morning. It had been parked for about 24h and it started up immediately with no problems :scratch:

still going mad with it. I have plugged some earth wires from head and bottom end to the "-" of the battery, and it has made no difference.

Anyone?