Sign in to follow this  
Cnut

Got my car back after changing the cams :D

Well, after a few days wait I finally got my car back. I had the Schimmel 263 cams installed along with new tappets, engine mounts and gearbox mount. The car has now been transformed, it feels much tighter and I no longer get an annoying jerkyness on off throttle. Performance wise I initally couldn't notice much difference but after a few miles I think the ECU readapted itself and my god does it go well now :D It pulls hard right up to the redline whilst before it felt alittle lathargic past 6000. It turns out the timing was out too, it was retarded by one tooth (caused by the cowboys who changed my timing chains :bad-words: ) and to think I have been driving it like that for the past 14000 miles!

Next on list is a Stealth remap, Magnex cat-back exhaust and a complete overhaul of the suspension bushes and mounts.

Im off to enjoy my new old car :D

all good mate,cant belive someone put it together with a tooth out ! :censored: these cams do work very well NA or FI :D

I know, I certainly won't be using or recommending them again! I just hope it hasn't caused any long term damage? The cams are very good indeed although I have the feeling im not gaining their full potential yet until getting them remapped.