Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Leather, is it possible to....

For all those valeter types, is it possible to remove scratches from leather? We've spotted this on the Bay and were wondering if you could get rid of the marks using a leather treatment or something

Yes it is. Use a variety of cleaners and conditioners. I'm doing the same in my car right now and i have the cream leathers. Once you've cleaned the seats, apply some leather treatment/conditioner rubbing in the direction of the scratch. Leave for a while and then wipe off. Scratch disappears! If it is very deep, then get some PVA glue under the scratch, and again wipe over in teh diection of the scratch. This will stick the 'lifted' leather down so the scratch disappears. There are also a range of leather repairs which coat the scratch with an appropriate dye - search on Ebay, there are quite a few. HTH.

looks like he had freddy kruger in the car :lol:

but yeh you could get those out by using the same kit i used for dying my seats red.

karl

will be a lot of work to get rid of them imo, i've tried using various conditioners, colouring balms etc on very minor scratches on my interior and they don't acheive a massive difference

Hmmm, don't want to spend the money on something that is fooked beyond repair....don't know what to do now :?

didnt look at the pics until just now, just responded in a general way previously.

They do look pretty bad, BUT, the thing with cuts is that they're not too hard to repair as the surrounding leather is intact. What you need to do is to get some leather scraps and stick them suede side up behind the cuts with some PVA glue. Leave to dry and then fill the cut with some leather repair resin. Rub down, colour and you're done. Its not a quick process but the leather in general does look very good, apart from the obvious. I've just sorted a worn patch on my seat back bolster, but there i put a large leather patch behind for additional strength. Had to cut a small leather piece to fill a hole so this all now needs to be redyed and coated. Its not difficult, just take your time. Seems like good price and if he were closer to me i'd pick them up for £85.

Okay, cool. I don't mind putting the effort in to be fair. Better to got a good price for something, put some effort in and get it fixed :)

have a look at this site,

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Repair.htm

i bought the recolouring balm, which is only for minor marks, maybe worth getting in touch with then and sending the pics

that was excatly what i was going to post, this kit will work, its what i used for re-dying my seats, and on the drivers bolster i had some deepish scratches and this kit got rid of 95% of the marks.

karl