Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

Calling Mr_Rossy!!! Build thread needed please!!

I saw Mr_Rossy's VR in Swindon the other day. It's one of the nicest Corrado's i've seen around in a long time.. The 301's look awesome.

If anyones seen it encourage him to start a thread - if you haven't you need to!

Cheers,

Baz.

i'd like to see more pics ... its a nice corrado, he only seems to put the odd pic up here and there

holy christ that looks well nice, get him a thread made up! even if he wont someone do it for him!

oh my god I didn't realise there was this respect for my car !!! i love her but as with every owner I'm not 100% happy with the car as I want the interior to be done in my colour, I want a the charger fitted, polished manifold, I want my rear spoiler in carbon fibre, you know the age old wish list :wink:

Well here goes,

I bought the car as a sorry looking M-reg classic green 109k VR6 back in September 2006, the chap who owned it was such a poor driver he had driven in to the wall on his drive on both rear arches and they were bent and flat. I got it for a great price, £2500.

I immediately bought A6 handles as i love the shape, MX5 mirrors, and ordered rear lights from Germany.

Sorry no pics of the start but as soon I knew what I was doing I got it down to Mitchy's motors in South Marsden in Swindon as they've done some cool motors, classic resto's, etc.

Wanted to smooth the rear bumper to have no cut outs for exhaust or towing eye. Then thought that it looked nice with the concave removed too. Also removed the weld lines and badges.

IMG_0887.jpg

Wanted to smooth the number plate recess and remove the plastic number plate plinth as I didn't like the plastic.

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Audi handles were so so so so hard to fit !

IMG_0883.jpg

The mechanics never fitted from the inside point of view so even with the bars and leavers fitted they felt poor quality, because of this I fitted solenoid and micro switches and removed all the bars and links to make it sweet with a good action. This also means that its totally dead locked ! Its on a 230 second cut off.

MX5 Mirrors fitted, they are hard to get the level sitting flat and even but work a treat. I really wanted 993 tear drops but I just couldn't justify the £300 plus that people want for them.

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Wanted the front number plate recess smoothed for obvious reasons. (Stupid me didn't realise that you could get an American bumper instead !) Side stripes removed.

IMG_0876.jpg

Arches next, fold and roll then smooth. Side indicators removed

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0888-1.jpg

Roof gutters, tough job ! Yeah ! I had these done and on so many occasions I wished I'd never started.

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

Whilst in the shop I located a set of BBS301's 17x 8.5 and 9.25. Poor chap selling them was so upset he was building a show car but life had changed and he needed cash for a house deposit (That evening).

Also bought a set of TT comps off ebay, sent them to this place in Surrey to have them diamond cut and the centres painted to match the car. Winters ! Also bought some grey leather electric recarro's for re-trimming. Caramac leather was the thought, with double stitched tram lines on each side of the panels.

IMG_0018.jpg

Fitted Weitec Coilovers and had the wheels optilined.

Many many coats of paint later and I've put it back together, wheels on and number plates ready and registered to leave the bodyshop. Bought the plates off of the forums, I'm really glad I did, I have had so many people ask me what the plate means, one girl said is it virgin ? !!!!? I bought short metal plates as I loved how they look, Mitch and I made a plinth for it to sit on to the right. Down swept exhaust like a diesel fitted,

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Home outside my house, i had no garage so I think it stayed there for 1 night then begged my mum to store it in her garage.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Took it for a quick photo shoot when I was proud of her, on the way there a little lad ridding his BMX was shouting "nice car, nice car" and rode straight it to a a lamp post ! Loved it!

Picture268.jpg

Picture264.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Picture259.jpg

The shine !

Picture233.jpg

Interior cleaned, black heated leather

Picture241.jpg

Picture237.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture236.jpg

New floor mats from VW with Corrado script and a rare accelerator peddle rubber

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Had the stereo fitted, new Clifford alarm with tilt, glass and proximity sensors, had rich from allsmiles (a top chap and friend) make me a scuttle cover, had a full service.

Unfortunately I just wasn't happy with the finish, I saw a crack in the roof, the passenger door looked flat, etc. So I took it back, had the areal removed as I regretted not having it done before, had the roof completely re-done !! Full respray !! this time classic green and black roof from a pillar to c pillar. All topped off with tons of lacquer for that shine. Shine sealed by surgaurd paint protection.

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

She looks great and I'm finally happy with the car, now my life has taken a big turn with my wife leaving me and being given a chance to move to oz though work hence I'm thinking about selling her. Should get to E38 this year though so make sure you bear me in mind when arranging the stand and the drive up this year. I need to get there.

M

I'll be honest if I had that amount of time and money invested in the car it would be going with me to OZ. Some very nice touches and I dont normally like the two tone but that works well.

Anymore pics of the TT' wheels?

Would be awesome if you could bring it here with you mate (i couldn't leave mine behind !), where abouts are you moving to ?

I currently live in old Town Swindon, and drive it to J16 M4 most days.

Its going to be Sydney as JPM have an office there.

Not tempted to ship it here ? I can help you out if you decide to.

Any info on this as i might move to Oz and i would also like to take my car there too?

Yeah sure, the general rule is that to import a car to Australia you must get residency or citizenship first, then you must of owned the car for a minimum of 12 months. Then you can apply for an import approval.

Have a look at this site www.karmanshipping.co.uk its got all the relevant links and info you need, i shipped my car with them, but you can do it either by hiring your own container, sharing a container (they build a timber frame around your car in the container) or by roll on roll off ferry which is the cheapest. The good thing about it going in a sole use container with karman is that its quicker (4 weeks) and you're allowed to fill the car with personal effects.

If you need any more info or think i can help just ask :wink:

Matt

Cheers for the heads up, if it wasnt for the actual cost to get residency i would be over there now away from this country, my job is on the wanted list and through all the preliminary stuff i am all set to go really just need to save.

Nice car anyhow Mr Rossy