Sign in to follow this  
gsbellew

GSBellews 2.0 16v

My Corrado addiction is continuing, here is number 7 :help:

I thought I was able to stay away after selling the last one, and actually managed about 3 months of non Corrado ownership, but when I saw praise b the LOweReD's advert I was hooked again :grin:

So here is as I bought it:

dda35dbd.jpg

d42fda1a.jpg

And then I set about working on the various issues it had, painted both front and back bumpers, and had a paintless dent removal company remove the nasty dents in the passenger door and drivers side quarter panel. I also tinted the headlight reflectors, but I've replacement headlights bought on ebay that are in brilliant condition, not sure if I should tint them.

STP62259.jpg

STP62262.jpg

I bought a set of BBS RC's off 4low and a colour coded standard grill 8) Oh and paid our government the

Great work mate 8) I had my eye on this when it came up for sale!

Neil.

Thanks, not as impressive as the work which you've done on the red one, if its any consolation I'd my eye on that one myself :lol:

Lovely car lad, I love them in that colour!

I know all about the VRT aswell, I had to clear my one in last month, as it's the 1.8 KR,,i onlyhad to part with 660, shot up to over 900 with the new regulations! :censored:

car looks fresh, don't tint the head lamps.... leave them as they are 8)

looks really nice that mate, really love this colour when its all shiney! makes me wanna buy some of the rear lights! im tempted by em!

Thanks for the comments 8) If I get it looking any where near as good as all the ones on here I'll be very happy :)

I wasn't sure on the rear lights when I got it, but I love them now, they seem to go well with the aqua blue :clap:

The more I look at the new headlights the more I think I will leave them as they are to be honest, they are too clean looking to mess with.

I've been working on the ABS as the light is on constant (was disconnected when I bought it) the peddle clicks a few seconds after switching the ignition on so the pump is working, so I decided to try cleaning the sensors and speed rings. The discs all round were replaced recently, can anyone guess whats missing from the back discs?

STP62337.jpg

I had spotted this when I went to clean them, seeing as I couldn't clean what wasn't there :lol:

So I ordered a pair from VW:

STP62338.jpg

Only one side done, 12 hour day in work today so I've not had time to do the other side, with a bit of luck I'll get the other side done tomorrow. I'll just have to wait and see if it puts the light out :shrug:

About time I updated this, I bought a meguiars G220 polisher recently as an upgrade to my old rotary one, and got carried away :lol:

679ba1f3.jpg

Spent a day messing around like that much to the amusement of my neighbours. Next day I headed off to Cork for the weekend for a VW show down there thinking I was going great with a lovely clean Corrado to take down, but the Corrado decided not to play along with me, the damn heater matrix blew on the way down :censored:

Made it down though, and I was reminded why I like the VW scene so much when a of the local lads who lived locally got all the bits together to bypass the matrix at the show :clap:

A picture or two of the day:

062f5ff1.jpg

b272051f.jpg

9985ce0f.jpg

Not looking forward to doing the matrix, but I better get on with it :(

Two cars there that should be familiar to a few on here:

7b88b8c8.jpg

5852374e.jpg

b77cf328.jpg

Thanks, it was a great show alright, very good day.

I forced myself to get around to doing the matrix, got away without taking the dash out :D

fd9162db.jpg

Old, clearly knackered matrix:

31f9e7aa.jpg

Not sure what this is?

2e462a95.jpg

It's a crossover for the speakers. Splits the signal for the tweeters and main speakers.

Cars looking good, that old matrix was pretty skanky....