Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

Rear Wiper Motor

I tried to clear rear screen of ice with the wiper and some spray the other morning, but the blade was frozen to the screen. There was a slight renting noise and then the sound of the motor but the blade didnt move. I peeled the blade off the screen and now the wiper moves around randomly when I try to use it normally flying off the screen alltogether. Is this likely to be a knackered wiper arm or motor?

I already need a new motor I think because the plastic bit that the washer fluid pipe pushes onto on the underside of the motor has broken off. How much is one likely to be new/2nd hand (breakers)?

I have a spare motor, the only thing wrong with it is that the spline to the wiper is sheared after some t$$t tried to remove the wiper arm. I'm not sure if you use it for spares or vice versa. Think a new one is around 85 quid :shock: They're fairly easy to replace tho'

If you take the plastic cover off to reveal the rear wiper motor, you should see a long metal arm connected to the motor - most likely the arm didnt move but the motor still tried to spin. So the arm is probably out of alignment with the motor.

Unscrew the nut that connects the arm to the motor, then manually move the wiper + arm to its normal resting point. Then re attach the arm & nut to the motor

Now cross your fingers and pray it works :lol:

With only slight force I can move the wiper back into the correct resting position, sounds like the splines I think. :x . Is it more likely to be the splines on the arm or motor? Will I need a whole motor if it is the motor splines?

I've got one spare if you're interested mate. Can also supply the arm and a blade too. PM me if you're interested. Looking for £25 + delivery.