Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

suspension troubles.. :(

i recently fitted some 'bargain' second hand FK Konigsports to my VR6 and am happy with the ride and how it looks but am having a few problems..firstly, i cant adjust the ride height at all, its completely seized.. its loooow, which i like, but the front splitter is scraping on everything and is doing my head in, but im hoping a 50mm splitter may cure/help that issue..but more annoyingly the rear units have started to sqeek like mad, it sounds like im driving a car with a trampolines for suspension..had a garage take a look and apparently the bushes in the bottom of the shock have completely perished, called FK and they dont do replacements, :mad2: so now im lost as to what to do..would perished bushes cause a squeeking noise? could it be anything else? am dreading the thought of having to buy whole new units!!! looks like this bargain may end up being quite the opposite.. :(

:(

Dude, Hate to say we told you so, but unfortunately it's just the risk you take when buying cheap suspension, especially second hand.

Buy cheap, buy twice etc :(

i know i know i know i know i know i know!!!! wondered if someone would dig up that post.. :pale:

in my defense there were a few people who thought it was worth a shot.. :brickwall:

i am please to say that i didnt pay anywhere near 200 squids tho, i suppose thats one thing i can console myself with :scratch:

Height adjustment is just the rings which you adjust with C spanners is it not? You're gonna have to get em off the car and clean those threads carefully and plus-gas the crap out of them I guess!

i recently fitted some 'bargain' second hand FK Konigsports

Be very careful with these mate - i'm talking safety...

I took my 3 year old set which had done about 50k miles to the scrappy this morning and they gave me a fiver for all 4, lol

both front spring plates were falling appart into a powery dust and 2 of the shocks were not working at all, the rest of them were rusted to f£ck!!

My car is now sitting on standard dampers and H&R springs and the ride quality and handling are better than they ever have been 8)

i recently fitted some 'bargain' second hand FK Konigsports

Be very careful with these mate - i'm talking safety...

I took my 3 year old set which had done about 50k miles to the scrappy this morning and they gave me a fiver for all 4, lol

both front spring plates were falling appart into a powery dust and 2 of the shocks were not working at all, the rest of them were rusted to f£ck!!

My car is now sitting on standard dampers and H&R springs and the ride quality and handling are better than they ever have been 8)

woah..that sounds bad, there not in that bad a condition, a little rust but nothing too major..the ride still seems good, its just a bit squeeky..but i will definately bear what you said in mind, i suppose bad bushes is never a good thing..have spoken to FK and they are going to see if they can sort something out..if not, its saving time! :(