Sign in to follow this  
Stryker

Oil Light??

Might sound stupid but if the oil warning light flashes and beeps, is it supposed to be a continuous beep rather than a short burst? cos mine came on a few days ago and hasnt since, do i have a dodgy sensor?

Have a look at the spade connectors on both the sensors (assuming you have a 16 valve engine) as over time they tend to become loose fitting.

is the oil warning light supposed to be continuous or is a always short bursts?

cheers though

I think its intermittent, going from memory. Only ever had teh oil light come on once in the 3 rados ive owned. But im pretty sure its intermittent, but the light is continious

Were you razzing round a corner when the buzzer / light came on?

Has come up on here many times and usually occurs when someone has been racing around and they haven't checked their oil level for a while! :)

is the oil warning light supposed to be continuous or is a always short bursts?

cheers though

I think its intermittent, going from memory. Only ever had teh oil light come on once in the 3 rados ive owned. But im pretty sure its intermittent, but the light is continious

when mine comes on its only for like 3 burst then goes off for a couple of days, usually when im having a spirited journey, yesterday for example was cruising along in 4th doing 40 then dropped down to 2nd for a bit of pull, fair amount of smoke came out the exhaust then the oil light came on for 3 seconds then all was calm, starting to really worry me now cos i hardly ever rag the thing

Could be something to do with the oil pump pick up being blocked... might be worth getting the sump dropped and having it all checked out?

Right just had the head gasket tested at it seems to be the problem, looks like its on its way out, explains the large amounts of coolant needed along with the oil light coming on maybe due to losing oil pressure or the coolant mixing with the oil, and also the exhaust billowing with smoke at high revs in low gears.

just when things seemed to be going so well :mad2: