Sign in to follow this  
vr6-phil

Mk4 side repeaters

Hello to you all! (this is my first post so please be kind!)

I have recently acquired a vr6 and looking to subtly change a few parts, in the first batch of changes are the side repeaters.

Looking around online, I see the Mk4 Golf repeaters look a little nicer than the Corrado/Golf Mk2 ones, does anyone know if the Mk4 repeaters would fit?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum!

I've got Golf 2 MR crystal style repeaters on my Storm and I think they really suit it. Are those the ones you meant when you say you prefer the MK 4 repeaters? At the end of the day its down to personal choice :wink: Don't know if MK4 type will fit.

mk4 look more modern, but the pressing in the wing is a different size, if you look at the difference between a early model mk3 gti/vr and a late model they move from square mk2/corrado type to similar to mk4 shape. As vornwend mentioned, you can get the same style as the mk4 in the mk2 shape, loads of aftermarket places stock them or theres ebay!unless you were to cut the recess out of a mk4 wing and blend it into you corrado one i cant think of any other way to make it fit! sorry if that doesnt really help!

the pressing in the wing is a different size

That's what I was wondering, thanks for the info. I'll probably get myself some mk2 ones.

Got to figure out which rear lights I am going to get now to get the repeaters to match!!! The decisions never end!

I had the same thought as my dads mk 3.5 cab has them. Had a little experiment. The bulbs fit in the same but you have to cut a pill shaped hole in the wing to fit them properly. They dont cost much from vw either. Suits the slight curves of a corrado I think.