Sign in to follow this  
andyherd

Tyre strecth

Hey all,

Its a long talked about subject but I'm not really all that clued up on what size tyre to put on my new wheels for a good streched looked. The tyres I'm getting with my wheels are all 215 wide and their going on 8" wide wheels up front and 9" wide out back.

My worry is I won't get that good a streched looked, can anyone recommend what size I should go for and possible show me some pics of various tyre widths?

Cheers

Andy

215's will be fine for the 9's, but for the 8's i'd go for 195's if you want a good streched look, but then you've got to find a company willing to do it for you (incase they damage or stratch the wheels putting them on, some will not accept liability)

good luck with them

215's will be fine for the 9's, but for the 8's i'd go for 195's if you want a good streched look, but then you've got to find a company willing to do it for you (incase they damage or stratch the wheels putting them on, some will not accept liability)

good luck with them

cheers, i'm buying the wheels from rimstyle so they should be ok with fitting whatever tyre i'm after

Got 205 45 on my 9s which look a good stretch imo.

they look spot on, i'm liking them smoke headlights too

Thanks mate had them on my last one! just need to get round to doing the fogs and indicators cause only got ones for early corrado. :)

Thanks mate had them on my last one! just need to get round to doing the fogs and indicators cause only got ones for early corrado. :)

how do you do them like that?

Pretty simple mod really, just need some headlamp covers, tin of tint spray and patience. Or you could get a shop to professionally spray them for a better finish. Not sure bbut think there may be some available on here if you want to give it a go. :salute:

good luck with them

cheers, i'm buying the wheels from rimstyle so they should be ok with fitting whatever tyre i'm after

I just bought my 9s from rimstyle, they wouldnt put 205s on mne and said they didnt stock 205s either so they fitted 215 40s

borbets006-1.jpg

borbets009.jpg

I just bought my 9s from rimstyle, they wouldnt put 205s on mne and said they didnt stock 205s either so they fitted 215 40s

borbets006-1.jpg

borbets009.jpg

WOW! They look really good as well, what a head scrather!!!

Pretty simple mod really, just need some headlamp covers, tin of tint spray and patience. Or you could get a shop to professionally spray them for a better finish. Not sure bbut think there may be some available on here if you want to give it a go. :salute:

Or just buy some Lamin-X covers like i had on mine once upon a time :wink:

Link to Empire GFX

And my car once upon a time with them fitted (and fog/indcators as well but took them off in the end):

lamin-X_rado_04.jpg

Oh and my wheels were 9's with 215/40 Toyo's on which was a nice stretch imo 8)

:pukeright:

NSFW!

More to the point Rob where the hell did you get that picture from? Raiding Dinkus' drives again? :camp:

:pukeright:

NSFW!

More to the point Rob where the hell did you get that picture from? Raiding Dinkus' drives again? :camp:

Nah its just a fetish of mine, i often dress up like that on weekends :camp:

Can't wait to see you and Yeti at Edition then! :clap:

Alco-pops and Caffine boy! :nuts:

Haha if the Yeti gets anything like he did last year it should be an entertaining evening indeed :lol:

I will be bringing a mate this year as well so should be good!

Anyway :offtopic: :lol: