Sign in to follow this  
turlock

G60 won't start

Hi Folks,

Having a bit of a problem with my Corrado at the moment, for the last few days I've noticed the car hasn't been idling properly and has cut out on me once or twice (give it a bit of gas to go and then it sorta dips and cuts out).

Today this happened, was driving ok for about 10 minutes and then going up a hill it cut out, tried to start it and it wouldn't even click.

What's strange is that the row of red lights that come on when you turn the key aren't coming on but everything else looks to have power (lights/interior lights/dash/radio/alarm).

There were floods here last week and I drove it through a couple of big puddles so I'm reckoning that might have something to do with it?

I've checked the fuses, tried jumping it in case there was a problem with the batt but all to no avail.

Any ideas what to check next? Pushed car into a car park so she's sleeping there tonight :mad2:

Cheers Mate, went off and bought myself a new ignition switch and then got the car home on the back of a recovery truck.

Was going to chance doing the repair in the car park but with it being a redciously busy car park I thought the extra space at home would be the best bet.

Long story short after removing everying there was an inline fuse added was connected to the ignition switch that had blown, I replaced that and she was singing again :clap:

Apologies for not using the search but was fairly flustered and didn't know where to start looking, thanks again!!!

Hi I have this at the moment what was the fuse? where was it, is it a standard fuse location you say it was "added"? Really appreciate your reply thanks a lot Turlock