Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Early spec front indicators and fogs

at least i can remove my "rare" clear ones in winter to save them from the stones

What causes more stones on the road in the winter?

Actually I beg your pardon - just pulled out my notepad and my local dealership gave me a price of £33.74 per side. Still a fair old whack considering they're not even glass lenses!

Well done dude, glad you got sorted - pays to be tenacious it seems!

I'll bear the R/H one in mind, going to do some more ringing around this week. I would like some nice fresh indicators, but I'm not paying £50 a side for them if you see what I mean!

They are not and never have been £50 a side mate, like i said VW still have the amber/orange US spec ones and one side is £30 odd and the other is only £15 for some reason :shrug:

at least i can remove my "rare" clear ones in winter to save them from the stones and run the orange ones instead now :lol:

If that's the case would you mind telling me which dealership you spoke to that have them in stock, currently? I'm talking about UK spec, clear ones - not keen on the idea of amber indicators in the front bumper??

at least i can remove my "rare" clear ones in winter to save them from the stones

Well normally i find, Generally there is a larger amount of water around dunno why :shrug: , but that tends wash crap from the sides of roads and embankments and from under cars wheel arches when thay have been in muddy places, also when its cold glass and plastics and paint tend to be more brittle, simple math really

have you never noticed?

Well normally i find, Generally there is a larger amount of water around dunno why :shrug: , but that tends wash crap from the sides of roads and embankments and from under cars wheel arches when thay have been in muddy places, also when its cold glass and plastics and paint tend to be more brittle, simple math really

have you never noticed?[/quote:2m67idmn]

I can't say I have noticed this deluge of stones on the road in the winter, no! :D Is there a scientific study you can point me towards so I can understand the math behind this? :lol:

You tried GPC - they used to keep these instock at £19 a side.

GPC haven't had stock for 4 months, obsolete they say.

Mummy, daddy, don't fight! :camp:

I appreciate all your input, and if I, or anyone else, find a bona fide source of clear early spec indicators, we'll post the info up!

Guys, keep it civil please. Certainly no need for abusive posts and especially PMs, which is just totally out of line.

I've contacted Eric who is the president of the CCGB and he said if it transpires that early clear indies are unavailable then the CCGB will get involved and attempt to source some for members so there is a glimmer of hope for you there.

OK found an O/S one at a dealership in Nottingham, that's a start... £41.75 before discount!

Which of these is that then?

L/H indicator is hella no: 2BA 005 398-031

R/H inidcator is hella no: 2BA 005 398-041

As you know I have a R/H (2BA 005 398-041) one on order which you can have for what I paid for it if you don't mind waiting for it to arrive.

It's the right hand one, so the same one you've got on order unfortunately! I've rung every dealership in the UK that is listed as having the L/H one and none of them do, just in case anyone else is looking!

I'm assuming there's no aftermarket supplier at this point then?

I can't think of anymore aftermarket suppliers other than

Eurocarparts

GSF

GPC

GwentVW

Anyone know any others?

Success! Got a N/S original VW one from ECP for about £39. Score! Thanks to all, especially CTWG60 for your help!

Well done, was it their last one? Err Eurocarparts is that? I got a pair from them for £62? :scratch: I thought they had no more!

Chap didn't say it was the last one to be honest. Yeah it was Eurocarparts - should have probably checked them first! I'm sure they just make the prices up for these things. Although now I think about it I didn't ask for any discount, I was just so pleased to finally locate one!

Sorry to tell you this buddy but thats the price of their late L/H indicators so I'd check with them you've got the right one! Fingers crossed.

That would be annoying - I gave him my reg number, so there's no excuse for a mistake. If it's the wrong type I'll just send it back for a refund.

Well, after sending back the late-spec indicator to ECP, I quizzed Hella who said they had no L/H but 2 R/H ones (obviously I need L/H) and told me to speak to my local Hella dealer to confirm they had the right part no. Went to Andrew Page's and it turns out the woman at Hella, who was very helpful but didn't have a car gave me the wrong part no. Page's rang Hella and came back with a big no. No more L/H ones at Hella either. Bother. I'll settle for a decent nick second hand one, that isn't full of mould!

You sir, are a legend!!! That company DID have a L/H side one, which arrived this morning, so I'm all sorted.

Massive thanks! :D

You sir, are a legend!!! That company DID have a L/H side one, which arrived this morning, so I'm all sorted.

Massive thanks! :D

Glad you got sorted I have my new pair just need to save up for new fogs and I'll have a full set of new front lights! :grin: Sad aren't I!! :(

Any idea on stock available at this company?