Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

power from the cig lighter...

I'm installing a hands free kit soon, and the one i'm looking at plugs into the lighter, i dont really want wires dangling all over the place, so i was wondering if i can chop the connector off the end of the hands free kit and connect the wires to the back of the lighter?

That's exactly how I wired in my Radar detector... :D

I dropped the wire down from the top of the dash and connected it to the original wiring with an inline fuse using bullet connectors and 2 T piece bullets (1wire in 2 bullets out) easy, neat and safe... 8)

I have a hands-free kit in my car.

The back of the cradle just plugs into the lighter socket - no wires anywhere. It has an internal microphone & loudspeaker with volume control. It also charges the phone battery. Phone uses it's own internal aerial.

Fantastic piece of kit - had it for 5 months now & it only cost a tenner.. :shock:

I have a hands-free kit in my car.

The back of the cradle just plugs into the lighter socket - no wires anywhere. It has an internal microphone & loudspeaker with volume control. It also charges the phone battery. Phone uses it's own internal aerial.

Fantastic piece of kit - had it for 5 months now & it only cost a tenner.. :shock:

come on than u might as well tell us where from as well...... halfords special was it

I bought it from the local petrol station.. :D

It's called a "4 in 1 Hands Free Car Kit". Came in a box with some other attatchments that I didn't need & threw away.

have just bought myself a proper hands frees system the nokia cark91 on e-bay for £40, i use to have one of these in my company car, much better quality than the cheep plug and play versions out there. Comes with a proper cradle, separate speak and mic and aerial. Nokia have also just put the price of these units up to £150. Get one now on ebay !!!