Sign in to follow this  
sixpotter

New VR6 owner

I have a 94 Rado VR6 with 107k and FSH,

however the chains have not been done and after all the horror stories you hear on various forums I would like them checked over!

So what i really want to know is how much does it cost to get done by a reputable place? Stealth seem to crop up often as the VR6 people, would they do a check over everything with the possibility of doing the chains/clutch?

Are there any other good places in and around Essex?

I also have quite a loud constant whining noise whenever the C is running, could this be the fuel pump as it sounds like its under the car?

Has anyone else got this noise?

Thanks!

Gav

hi mate, whereabouts in Essex are you from?

they are full of strange noises :lol: i bought mine with 130k on it and the chains weren't done, its now nearing 170,000 and chains still not been done.

Sounds like the fuel pump. Might be about to give up the ghost. I think there are 2 on the VR6, one in the tank and the other just behind the rear of the door. Obviously underneath.

Ref chains, if they ain't makin a noise leave them alone. They don't break, just get rattly with age. Leave it well alone unless its making a noise IMHO

Dic

hi mate, whereabouts in Essex are you from?

they are full of strange noises :lol: i bought mine with 130k on it and the chains weren't done, its now nearing 170,000 and chains still not been done.

Chelmsford matey, yourself?

Sounds like the fuel pump. Might be about to give up the ghost. I think there are 2 on the VR6, one in the tank and the other just behind the rear of the door. Obviously underneath.

Ref chains, if they ain't makin a noise leave them alone. They don't break, just get rattly with age. Leave it well alone unless its making a noise IMHO

Dic

2 Pumps! man this car is gonna gobble up my wallet I can feel it already!

GSF Dont do them and not seen any on ebay, Dont really know which one it would be either!

Regarding chains i would inspect the top tensioner and guide by removing the inlet manifold, cam cover and top chain cover pretty easy to do if you can use a spanner. As for the fuel pump never heard of two?!? just one in tank, quite expensive ~£100.

I would try replacing the fuel filter (if its not been changed recently) and run some thing like Forte gas treatment through the system to see if that helps.

Where is the fuel filter located?

Will try and have a look at the top tensioner but Im no expert, doesnt seem to rattle but then its the only vr6 Ive owned so I dont know what it would sound like!