Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Amazing drop in price - Insurance

Always had my C insured with a well known broker in these circles, was a bit suprised to see my quote this year was for £399 - ok all mods declared and agreed value but I have maximum NCB and am now classed as an old git at 41 today.

Went to another broker and got a like for like quote of £260, rang my original broker back and they price matched.

On one hand I'm happy with a much reduced price, on the other hand a bit miffed that I could have naively paid £140 more than I needed to

Salut you sir! :salute:

Great saving. But as you says its a good job you checked. I never take the renewal figure as true, i always see if someone can get it lower. Though mine is almost 2x price of your renewal figure.

I'm 27 and everyone tells me I'm a moaning old git!!

Good result on the insurance Andy. Just annoying you have to ring around these places all the time to force them to drop their price a bit. It's a pain in the backside if you have a lot of modifications as you have to sit there reeling them off for ages only to find they can't give you a decent quote...

It is only in the last two years i've been able to push Adrian Flux down, they always had the best deal, this year i got £90 chopped off the price, £400 down to £310, they had to wave their admin fee but it don't bother me!!!! And yes many mods even if not performance ones take a while to go through, 40 with 14yrs NCB, Get in!!!

£226 for the VR with agreed value not bad for 37. but stupidly the 8v cost £250 and only cost 1K Lol!

Good work Andy always worth a little shout round!

I was with Chris Knott last year. They and Adrian Flux were about equal.

This year Adrian Flux beat the renewal by £100 so I'm off to them.

£250.

And :new-bday: Andy

I am currently looking for a VR6 and got a few quotes - Compared to some of you, I am a very old git of 49!!. Will only be used as a 2nd car with limited mileage and HIC were the best @ £245 which I thought was very reasonable.

Ian.

I just did a Confused.com search putting me down for a standard vaver with no mods.

best price was AA who quoted £241.51 with a £550 excess.

Tesco value wanted £331.80 with a £675 excess no courtesy car and no window cover!!! What a joke?

I currently pay £310 with £250 excess with Eagle Red Star

I pay £400 for the W8, which is Group 18, and I've just turned 28 (was 27 when took out the Insurance though), so I'd be surprised if you're still paying £400 a few years down the line!

That's park on the street, business class insurance, £350xs, protected no claims (8 years, 9 come end of the month hopefully!), and all the usual nice gubbins on top too (windows, etc). Even had 3 points too, though that expired in June.

Getting old isn't so bad! :)