Sign in to follow this  
nedney

Oil in places it shouldnt be!! Help!

Hi

I'm hoping everyone can help me on this one! my 2.0ltr corrado has started idling around the 1500-2000 revs mark and he usually sits happily at 1000 - having taken him to my usual garage they have diagnosed to scrap him!! From what they said the breathers/air inlets were either jammed on or off - they soaked said part/s in carburettor oil to clean it but my car is till revving i have now left my car with them overnight so they can soak said parts again in paraffin?? they have also said that oil is being pushed through and that the compression is getting too high??? I have been told that potentially i will need to replace the engine or scrap my car?? does anyone else have any better clues as to what might be going on?? my car is only 16 and has been really well looked after and i am gutted with the current death sentence hanging over him

Thanks

Nic

Have a check over your throttle cable, I was told to do the things you are trying when I had similar symptoms. It turned out to be a badly frayed throttle cable which wasn't allowing the peddle to return to it's correct position.

Worth a try :shrug:

The crankcase breather pipe will always allow a mist of oil into the inlet piping, so don't be surprised to see some there.

what parts exactly are they soaking/saying are jammed on/off?!?

honestly the garage keep saying the air intake valve, originally they said that it was most likely that the engine wasnt getting the right air flow as my car has once violently jerked forward when taking off in 1st gear and carried on until i managed to get it into 3rd.

hmmmm, only thing I can think of that would be close to what they are talking about would be the flap on the metering head.

On that case you could probably pick up the entire unit for £20 2nd hand!

Ok I have now been told that the crank and cylinders are worn?? I was told a quick fix would be to have the breathers cleaned out to stop the revving but it hasn't worked and the car is still revving albeit intermittently - does this sound right to anyone?

Thanks for any help

Nic