Sign in to follow this  
j_s14a

Engine rebuild / transplant advice

Hey guys, My 93 VR6s engine isn't in its best health anymore (she smokes a bit, you can smell the burning oil a bit when you put your foot down, and she has a bit of a bottom end knock)

I'm looking to either have the engine rebuilt, or possibly go down the 24v route, and just wanted some opinions.

The car is my daily driver, and while I am happy with the standard performance, I would like it to be a bit faster. I would ideally like an extra 20-50 hp.

I would like a reputable garage to supply / fit all of the parts, so any recommendations on this would also be appreciated.

Thanks. I have a budget of approx. £3000

yeah for that budget your prob looking at 24v if u want a power gain. u will also get much better fuel economy and wont suffer cooling probs. i disccused this route with storm and they said if i had had a coilpack engine they could prob map it to the exsisting ecu but as i had a dizzy they said it would have to be standalone management which would cost quite a bit extra. reckon u could do it for 3 grand though. or bore the block out, wossner 83.5mm (3Litre) low compression pistons, new bearings, gaskets, arp bolts and a 250bhp rotrex kit for just less than 4 grand.