Sign in to follow this  
flusted

16V Lysholm Failed mot emissions

My 16v lysholm just failed mot on co.

It was 4.2 and kept climbing at 1 point.

Can this be adjusted on the co pot? co pot currently set to 500 ohms or is it down to the chip and the fact im running 440cc lime greens?

Thanks in advance

If it's not the co pot it could be the lambda sensor kaput, or bad earth, the usual G60 things for it to run rich really. Doubt it will be the chip if it has been designed to run that spec, but I guess check the usual suspects first before blaming it on the chip.

Are the plugs black? I guess they will be with that co reading.

BTS could still be faulty, have heard 'new' ones especially none VAG ones not always being the best.

Another thing, and this may be a daft one, but is your 1m vac pipe that runs to the ECU on the correct nipple on the back of the throttle, if it is one the wrong on it will be reading permenant boost and therefore overfuelling.

Did you not try to adjust it when carrying out the MOT ? 500ohms is a base setting for a std car running stock injectors not a modified engine on 440's mate.Get it back on the emmisions machine and get winding the co pot once you have checked the ignition timing is correct

It was a new mot tester and i dont think he appreciated the mods to my car lol. Il get it checked at my mates garage

Thanks daz

It was a new mot tester and i dont think he appreciated the mods to my car lol. Il get it checked at my mates garage

Thanks daz

its the machine that decides the results not the tester so it should have made no difference to the tester mate.