jamin

Jamin's 'Ferrado' VR6

Looking good mate, ride hight looks spot on

Thanks, i'd like to take the front a little lower, but then i'd have to remove the inner arches and I dont really want to do that.

Would also like to space the rear wheels our further, but I think the minimum for hub centric spacers would be around 25mm and that would be too far.

Looks cracking :) Nice consistent numbers on the compression check too which must be reassuring :)

Looks cracking :) Nice consistent numbers on the compression check too which must be reassuring :)

Yeah, definitely, also passed the MOT fine, only 2 minor notes about the rear brake lines, which they cleaned up anyway so more than happy with that.

looks great, i'll keep an eye out for you. I've got some 11mm hub centric spacers on mine. Can send you a link if you're interested

looks great, i'll keep an eye out for you. I've got some 11mm hub centric spacers on mine. Can send you a link if you're interested

Yes please, I'd like to see what they look like.

ive just put 10mm hubcentric's on my VR,which is lowered on KWV1's to a 2 finger gap between top of tire & bottom of arch, so as to fit the hispec 4 pots.....ive noticed if i go over a small hump backed bridge a little too quickly the weight on the downward travel is enough to cause a tiny rub on the outer tire edge

that is with OE speedlines

Looks nice, is it Aqua blue?

Certainly is, which is the best colour i'm lead to believe ;-)

http://www.st-suspensions.net/wheelspacerfinder/

part number D2 SET 56020078

it says 23mm but that is 11.5 per side

Thanks, I will check them out.

ive just put 10mm hubcentric's on my VR,which is lowered on KWV1's to a 2 finger gap between top of tire & bottom of arch, so as to fit the hispec 4 pots.....ive noticed if i go over a small hump backed bridge a little too quickly the weight on the downward travel is enough to cause a tiny rub on the outer tire edge

that is with OE speedlines

Thanks for the info!

Certainly is, which is the best colour i'm lead to believe ;-)

Thanks, I will check them out.

Thanks for the info!

no danger

thought it might be worth mentioning. i have been slowing for the hump back lately but may raise the front a little to accommodate a bit more suspension travel

....'Ferrado' as that is what my youngest son calls it :-)

you could tell him that Mr J Clarkson called it a 20 grand ferrari back in the day ;)

you could tell him that Mr J Clarkson called it a 20 grand ferrari back in the day ;)

Ha, so it seems he is right then!!! Hahahahaa

Ha, so it seems he is right then!!! Hahahahaa

indeed lol

FYI i had a better look at the VR front under arches last night - quite a scuff on the arch liner & a few noticeable scuffs on the tires too. think i need to raise it up a tad because of the 10mm spacers

indeed lol

FYI i had a better look at the VR front under arches last night - quite a scuff on the arch liner & a few noticeable scuffs on the tires too. think i need to raise it up a tad because of the 10mm spacers

I'd like to see a pic of the spacers fitted if you adjust the suspension...I'm still not convinced of their fitment.

I'd like to see a pic of the spacers fitted if you adjust the suspension...I'm still not convinced of their fitment.

i will go & take some of it how it is in a bit if i can & of the rubbing too if i can capture it

what do you mean when you say you are not convinced? do you mean that you are unsure if the 11.5mm ones will be ok?

....'Ferrado' as that is what my youngest son calls it :-)

My youngest (3) calls mine 'The Old Banger' :(

i will go & take some of it how it is in a bit if i can & of the rubbing too if i can capture it

what do you mean when you say you are not convinced? do you mean that you are unsure if the 11.5mm ones will be ok?

Just the hub centric part - the disc has a shoulder that the wheel would originally locate on, I cant see how a narrow spacer could allow for this whilst also having a shoulder itself. Kinda hard to explain, which is why I'd like to see a pic if possible, not to worry if not.

My youngest (3) calls mine 'The Old Banger' :(

You need to educate them that its a 'classic' :-)

Just the hub centric part - the disc has a shoulder that the wheel would originally locate on, I cant see how a narrow spacer could allow for this whilst also having a shoulder itself. Kinda hard to explain, which is why I'd like to see a pic if possible, not to worry if not.

You need to educate them that its a 'classic' :-)

from what i recall the spacer sits on the outside of the disc not the inside

as such the it means the spacer is what the wheel itself locates on to, rather than the shoulder on the disc, which is why hub centric spacers are recommended as they have the spigot shoulder on them for the wheel to locate

i found ths out the hard way as i agreed to the cheap spacers HiSpec offered only to find they were not hub centric. which resulted in a call from my mechanic saying 'these spacers are tosh as they dont have a spigot to locate the wheel on'

AFIK you can use non hub centric spacers but the wheel then only locates via the bolts

does that makes sense to you m8? lol

here you go jamin....

spacers & then rubbing on arch liner, then shadow on tire from said rubbing