Sign in to follow this  
pyro3911

vr6 engine + MKv r32 gearbox ?????

I have a 93 vr6 which is coming off the road in winter to convert to turbo. :D While it is out I am going to fit a 4wd gearbox to upgrade to 4wd once the turbo has been setup and tested on the road. :D

My question is does anybody know if the mkv manual r32 gearbox will fit the vr6 engine. I am assuming that it still uses the 02m box. :confused4:

ian

Thanks James,

I have researched the work required to do the conversion. Just wasn't sure if the mkv had the 02m box. I have got my eye on one, just need to get it at the right price.

ian

Yeah I hope so, Doing the research and buying parts I don't want the car off the road for too long. I am going to america in may and want to be well into the rebuild by then, as thats when I am getting a lot of the parts together and hopefully avoid the import and the dreaded.

I will get a build thread when i make a start in earnest.

Ian

Thanks James,

I have researched the work required to do the conversion. Just wasn't sure if the mkv had the 02m box. I have got my eye on one, just need to get it at the right price.

ian

what do you think is the right price??

At this stage as cheap as possible, I am in no rush to get one as I have until next may to source one. I don't really want to pay more than £300 for working gearbox and transfer box. But I have not seen many non dsg boxs for sale and don't want to get robbed by a breakers.

ian

They seemed to get snapped up, but dsg boxs don't from what I can gather. I will find one that is suitable and cheap, so the audi tt will fit and i assume the s3 will fit as well.

i have had a look on vagcat and the 02m gearbox is listed on the TT, will the gearbox off the 1.8T fit as well as they seem to be more available. I didn't realise that the audi box were compatable.

Can anyone confirm which cars have a 4wd box that will fit the Vr6

ian

No mate,non of the four cyl will fit as the hang back towards the bulkhead and the VR motor hangs forward so the bell housing will not bolt on to your motor.

You can use any of the 2.8,3.2 VAG gearboxes.