Sign in to follow this  
a98pmalcolm

BBM Power Pully

just seeing if anyone has run or know how reliable the 50mm BBM compressor charger pully is on the charger? really need this pully with the piper cam for the $5-6k i spent under the bonnest this year to show its full Potential. Dont want my fairly new charger blowig up or anything though!

Any advice anyone? :confused4:

Thanks

Paul

I used the 50mm for 4k from when the charger was practically brand new, sold on after that to go turbo, had no issues what so ever and the throttle response was more than instant, you thought about putting some gas on and it was already off.

so the 55 is running nice. Sounds ok then if junkie was running it for 4k then sold on, sounds like it should be ok.. Anymore feedback about this would be great. Thanks Junkie and Flusted.

Paul

What do you specifically want to know mate, basically as with all superchargers, the smaller the pulley the sooner it will boost as in make high boost lower down.

yer cheers, i follow what the smaller pullys do... that just seeing if any1 had there BBM charger go wrong on a very small pully before i get one on mine.

Thanks

Paul

Ive only just fitted the 55mm on mine, Still a safe size IMO Not sure id go 50mm as my internals wouldnt cope as thats alot of boost

yer i got, new pistons, con rods,reground crank, 1.9 big bore, cam, full rebuild all this year, so my internals should be ok i thought, Alot of people feel quite safe with the 55mm pully, just down to the internals. BBM have just e-mailed me that 55mm pullys run fine. So i mite be checky and go ahead with the 50mm lol ;)

ermmm my pully got on with the bbm charger is 63mm, on the dyno the other day the boost came out at 11PSI so i think your rite flustered thats about the same as a well running stock g lader charger and STD pully, the 50mm BBM pullys do 22PSI+ so there will be a notiable difference, coz thats double the boost! lol

Really appreciate chatting about this guys! :)

So your aare BBM state it will do 22psi on the 50mm but it more than lilely will not dependig on engine spec, mine did 1.1bar, hence why i went turbo for 1.5bar.