Sign in to follow this  
krnau

odb in kr??

I have an odb connector under my gear gaiter. it is only 2 wires :lol: so it should read something.. but... what? and, how?

i remember reading somewhere that this isnt a diagnostic port. (kr engines only have an ecu to control timing thats all)

i also remember someone saying it could be a feed for extra gauges ie oil pressure

well the fact is these wires have the same shape as odb surround under the shifter (I think no-one will understand this sentence :lol: :lol:) XDD

None as its not fitted.

:lol:

That's not very productive Yan!! :grin:

True but it is straight to the point Tom, although reading the rest of this thread is does appears to have rambled on despite that comment. Soooo...

..the connectors under the gear shift gaiter are only for factory testing and not to be used for anything else on both G60s and 1.8 16v cars. The ECUs have no facility to store fault codes so there is nothing to be read from them; the deviant is correct when he says that ABS can be fault coded through these plugs but thats it and you need specific VAG kit to do it.

The only execption is some very late G60s do have fault code storage on the ECUs but it will be blinding obvious if you have this facility as you will have a coil pack and not a distributor fitted - I have never seen a G60 with this set-up (it uses Siemens control with a throttle potentiometer as well the coilpack) and after asking Darren down a G-werks he hasn't either - so its probably a very late Euro thing only.

That should clear that up - any fault diagnosis on a G60/16v is carried out using a multimeter and a box + cables that allow you to measure voltages and resistance through the wiring looms. Again a VAG specific item although the pin numbers do correspond to the pin numbers on the wiring loom.