Sign in to follow this  
Boola

Adjustable headlights

Hi, I have just had the lenses changed on my VR6 to convert them from the Euro LHD spec for the UK. The problem is that the garage have told me that the headlights are no longer adjustable using the controls on the dashboard!!

They have told me that uk spec corrados do not have this feature and so they couldn't make the adjuters work. This sound like a lie to me, please can someone confirm that their UK spec VR6 has the headlight adjustment controls so that I can go back to them and demand they do this properly.

Thanks

If the glasses have been replaced on their own then I cannot see why they wouldn't work. Even if the whole lamp unit was replaced, it should be possible to fit the hieght adjusters I would have thought.

I did it when I brought over my Golf. A little bit of messing but only 10mins a side.

Gavin

ETKA lists the motors and switch. There is no hint they are LHD only though. Maybe VAG uk didn't think it was worth haviing.

Gavin

headlight adjusting is mainly used when you are towing something or if you got larger people in the back,vw probably didnt think the corrado would be used for either :D

Thanks everyone for the replies, I guess there's no more headlight adjusters for me... Oh well, thats 2 less motors in the car so a bit of weight saved : )

For reference, the headlight adjusters moved the lamps up/down AND left/right which was useful for all the little roads I used to drive round in Europe. I have included a picture of the adjuster dials in the car.

yes I am sure it was an option, they are also listed in the UK instruction manual (as an optional extra) - I nearly bought a RHD pair from GTi international...

Get them to fix em!

It's the garage being lazy. take it back and make them sort it out.

They've effectively damaged something on your car, not fixed it.