davidwort

fitting a non adjustable steering column (how-to)

tell him to look and the diagram for the corrado column on his parts system!

no trouble when I ordered mine from Milton Keynes TPS

in post #2 I made at the start of this thread there's a screen shot of ETKA showing the column tube and part number, you could print that out and show him :)

Edited by davidwort

tell him to look and the diagram for the corrado column on his parts system!

no trouble when I ordered mine from Milton Keynes TPS

in post #2 I made at the start of this thread there's a screen shot of ETKA showing the column tube and part number, you could print that out and show him :)

I think I found the problem... I gave him the list of part numbers on the post 1. which says that the corrado column is part no. 535 419 536

the actual part no. according to the diagram in post 2, is 535 419 563! :)

if you would be so kind as to edit post no.1 that would be great! :p

other than that, top info mr. would you like the prices I got to update the list?

well spotted the part number! apologies for that, will change it.

if you've got the up-to-date prices stick them in the part price request thread if you haven't done already cheers :)

would you like the prices I got to update the list?

would be great if you could it would be great to see up to date prices

Just enquired about a new fixed column from vw and the part number on the 1st page has been superseded by this number 535419503h. That's for the inner column. Can anyone shed any light on this?cheers

Cheers dragon green. Cant find it in that link. also has any one come up with a solutuion for the cowls or is it just pot luck to find some

Cheers dragon green. Cant find it in that link. also has any one come up with a solutuion for the cowls or is it just pot luck to find some

if you put corrado steering in search (on the above link) you will see it in all its glory !

cowls do turn up on e-bay every now and again,if you get stuck i might be persuaded to sell my spare cowls ! (early)

Cool ive found it cheers, is that deffinately the right one? i.e. fixed column that fits the corrado

That is the column,but being german is most likely from a left-handed car !

only one part number listed on ETKA, so yes it is the right one

Would anyone on here be able to find the correct column bits from a polo i need on ebay?

I am struggling to identify what i need, asked a scrap yard and i got confused and failed :lol:

Quick one - does the key need rotating to get the lock barrel out? I have a fixed column with the release hole pre-drilled but no keys to the car it came off. Would prefer not to waste too much time on picking the lock but if I have to...

Stone

I've bought all the bits from Pat McCrotch's thread for this, i can't seem to tally up the part numbers with those on first page, and think i'm missing a few bits still.

Think the best way for me to carry on is just remove my column and start it

I've bought all the bits from Pat McCrotch's thread for this, i can't seem to tally up the part numbers with those on first page, and think i'm missing a few bits still.

Think the best way for me to carry on is just remove my column and start it

as long as you have the inner column, outer tube, bottom bearing, spring, steering lock and they all fit together, you should be good to go :)

You need the key in the lock, it doesn't need rotating,just the key inserted !

You're quite right, no hassle at all, unlike the door handles! :)

How does the steering lock fit in? I was expecting my column to rotate relative to the ignition switch but it seems jammed - could just be that the lock needs releasing but annoying since I only have one ignition barrel with a key and it's in the car! Could be missing some bits, I suppose...can the ignition barrel be retumbled?

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

No, unfortunately you can't retumble the ignition lock barrel, it has a hardened metal cap that is pressed on and would be destroyed removing to get at the tumblers.