Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Lowering caps?

pretty sure they wont work on a valver, unless youre valver has VR6 top mounts fitted, as the bearing is completely different- valver top caps have a raised bit in the middle wheras VR topcaps are flat :(

worth trying tho just in case?

yes that will work if theyre the 105mm diameter top caps, the late VR6 ones used a 92mm top coil so theres another variable there too!

although if you fitted vr top mounts youd be back to square one as VR top mounts sit 10mm or so higher than valver top mounts to start with- i changed my B3 to vr top mounts and on -40mm springs it went from sitting level to reverse rake- hence why i had to fit the lowering caps to bring it back level.

Pants, looks like I'll have to order the right ones from Venom then.

Adz you want these VR ones for £15+ postage?

nick

Pants, looks like I'll have to order the right ones from Venom then.

Adz you want these VR ones for £15+ postage?

nick

Yea bud I will take them off your hands, PM your payment details

In the same boat with my susp. - i have a 94' VR with Konis + H&R springs.

Frankly the car is not low enough - the Konis were on the car when bought - on inspection the rears are not the height ajust. type i so need to move the base plate at the rear!

The springs are now a yr old from new and have had time to bed down - but there still too much space in the arch(also running 17').

The cost effective option is for me to buy a new set of base plate adj. Konis for the rear - HOW MUCH & WHERE FROM?

Then to buy some JOM caps for front end to get it 10mm lower - which i think will look about right!

Ideally id dish current set up and go with KW coilies - what would be the diff in price between the 2 options?