Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

2.0 16v Photos

Could do with wider 16 or 17" alloys as the standard 15" look a little lost after lowering 40mm. Now you all know what to buy me for Chrimbo

:D

I haven't so much of corrados, so I don't really know - these are 15"? I thunk they are not too little... But bigger would look better...

sorry for hijacking your thread but im worried now.... see this is how low i hoped it would be

EDIT....see thumbnail below-vr6storm :wink:

thats on eibach springs and IRC they lower 30 ish

or am i imagining things cause its late in the day and it is actually the same drop ??? :scratch:

i may be wrong here but i'm pretty sure the 2.0 16v doesn't use the plus suspension that the VR does.........cos if you look at his arches in relation to the wheels the wheels look well in......ok the VR as standard has 6.5J rims against his 2.0 16v's 6J rims

anyway if you have a look at mine you'll see what it'll look like with a 65mm drop :wink:

Tyres are 195-50-15

The fact the wheels are well in probably doesn't help the look - that's one thing I want to address. It looks to me as low as the pic you attached.

first time I've used this forum so don't know how it all works

I would guess that pics over a certain file/pxel size are shown as thumbnails for the benefit of those with slow internet bandwidth

I'll take some better side on pics of my C in my lunch half hour and attach em

How do you attach thumbnails???

Ok so the wheels will be set in more and the tyre size is different so that wont help... Must just be me being paranoid

save the pics to a local directory, or desktop, then at the bottom of post you'll see add attachment, then you upload from there, preview the item first & make sure its in jpeg fomat..

Hope this helps..

hmm, still not sure... guess i'll just have to wait an dsee what mine looks like.... maybe it is just the wheels and tyres are slightly different but i would be a bit dissapointed if mine ends up looking the high still :(

oh and its peeing down here in cambs aswell :D

if the ride height was any lower the wheel would not be concentric to the arch and in my opinion does not look good, I'm happy with my setup

I'm happy with my setup

thats all that matters!!! :D

but hang on......i dont believe it....thevin scum.....someones gone and nicked 900cc and 2 cylinders from your car!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

daves16v you sure thats a 40mm drop that you have???.......i just ask cos mine has a 65mm drop and if you look at my pic you'll see it looks a fair bit more that 25mm of difference between our 2 motors :?

I think the kit specifies 30-40mm drop so it could well be closer to 30mm but I checked the height from tyre to arch before the kit was fitted and it had dropped 40mm.

as been mentioned before the wheel being further in may be confusing the eye