Sign in to follow this  
Saint Tricky

Sinking feeling

Hi Guys

Might have enjoyed my last run in my G60 today. Treated her with all due care and attention only to have the grating sound of a blown charger this morning. Breakdown guy was great, got me home asap. Feeling a little down after putting in so much hard work this summer. Need to take a step back and re-evaluate what to do. Would like to thank everyone on here for all the help you've given me over the 2 years of ownership. :notworthy: My only regret is I never got it finished to a show worthy state.

Just a couple of pics before I find the Wild Turkey bottle.

S6000508.jpg

S6000509.jpg

It never rains eh?

ST

Arse! - when was it last serviced?

Don't know offhand without checking through the history.

Darren had a quick look over it when he did my water pump and cambelt last year, looked okay then.

Would have had it rebuilt early next year anyway just to be safe.

Just one of those things.

Always had a tiny thought when looking at other peoples blown chargers that the car may have been mistreated. But I treat mine like a baby and I'm sure the others did as well.

Where's my insurance certificate and the can of petrol/matches. :(

ST

can see that you have put a lot of effort into the car mate, just chill for a bit. Have a look around for some superchargers to get it back up and running.

Really sorry to hear about that - every G60 owners worst nightmare. Not entirely surprised to see the Jabba logo on there though - lost count of how many similar pictures of Jabba rebuilt chargers I've seen over the years on this forum!

Speak to Darren @ G-Werks - if you can bear another expense, refurbed chargers from him are about £600 I think..?

Utter pain mate, happened to me on my now sold G60 with 53k on the clock :bad-words: the one in the link looks like a decent buy and he is offering to send it down to G-werks, when mine went I couldn't find a 2nd hand one anywhere and ended up buying new :cuckoo: good luck whatever you decide :wink:

Hi Guys

The initial pain has subsided now just a little numb I guess. Cheers for the sympathy it's really appreciated but in reality it's still only a car. If that's the most I have to grumble about this year then I'm doing well.

I don't want to get rid of my G60 as I love it, just weighing up my options.

I've been reading up on Rotrex, Lysholm and Eaton and recond' G60's. Not really sure where to go as they all have their downsides. Might just buy an old banger with a years mot so I have time to decide.

Ta

ST

Noooooo! Such a lovely car. I was lucky enough to see it in the flesh.

Indeed do go and buy an old banger and drive that for a while until you decide on the right course of action.

Noooooo! Such a lovely car. I was lucky enough to see it in the flesh.

Indeed do go and buy an old banger and drive that for a while until you decide on the right course of action.

Thanks Shaun, I'm sure that driving a wreck for a few days will give me the incentive to do the right thing.

wild turkey you nutter had that a couple of times always with bad results.

I agree, very potent stuff but the best for situations like this. Well worth shelling out for, if you can find it.