Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Camping It Up

Hey Walesy, looks cool mate, always fancied having one of those one day. and fitting one out would be fun as i'm a Furniture/Cabinetmaker, so have all the tools etc. Looks like you done an awesome job mate 8)

Where abouts on Uranus do you live, looks really nice there :D

Yeah, i've fancied one for years but haven't had the cash, but the 2.5tdi's have come down in price sooo much in the last year that it had to be done!

I didnt make the interior myself, it was made by a fella that started his company coming from a furniture making background so i'm sure you'd find it a piece of piss to do yourself mate - and over there youd get a fair bit of use out of it im sure! Theres a few fellas on the (sh1t) T4 forum out in Oz!

I live in Cornwall which makes having the van much more useable, I use it far more than I thought I would, the back gets used 3-4 times a week! I think if I still lived in a built up area it would be too much hassle having a van that only gets used a couple of weeks a year but here it suits me down to the ground! Its not about the camping aspect, it gets used more as a 'day van' really but it'll also get camped in a fair bit in the summer! :grin:

Leonard - you'll have to put up with a couple of baby pics, as theyre the only ones i've got of the kitchen unit with the lids down! :lol: - the black circle thingie is the lid for the sink.

baby16041.jpg

baby16037.jpg

Heres the units with the lid tilted, i've not bought the grill/double hob unit yet so im just using a portable camp stove which is fine for the moment! You can see the custom half bulkhead in this one 8) :lol:

baby16049.jpg

Heres a shot from the back - the top level is the bunk bed for Jay (my son), the next level is where our feet go when the beds folded down and the the bottom level is storage. You can see the table top on the middle shelf, there's a leg that screws into the floor and the table slots on, it's really easy to fit :grin:

baby10056.jpg

I'll try and get some decent interior pics sorted at some point, these dont do it justice :lol: