Sign in to follow this  
twofourten

twofourten's G60

I'm over in the UK from 13th to 26th of June, will be in Romsey - can anyone recommend a good body shop near by?

Also a good supplier/fitter of stereo equipment and alarms?

Car now booked into G-Werks from the 15th for some bits n pieces then going up to Plush Automotive for some sound/interior works too...

I'll upload further info and some pics in due course...

Thanks for your advice and encouragement dirtytorque

The car has now left G-Werks after a full stage 5 charger service, a good health check in general, a brand new 2 piece CAT back and new brake discs + pads - I still have another 100 miles to go before she is broken back in though and then I can open it up and feel the difference

It's now with Luke @ Plush having some stereo work done and will be back in Jersey with me on Saturday, I'll put up some pics etc soon...

Corrado92.pdfIMG_1059v2.jpg[/attachment:1a1i7n2a]Plush Automotive

I know loads of people say the rear speakers are not needed, these were just wired in until I get a new parcel shelf sorted.

May alter the build in the boot over summer, now the spare has gone may sink the sub in there?

- ideas welcome...

The sub is on clips so can be removed for weight or storage needs, but see you point - I'm still torn between the daily driver subtle mods route or going for b@lls out racing machine style?!

Finally decided on the alloys and got that done - same suspension & height as before, but now with Cades Miras 17" & Falken 205/40ZR17 + spaced out 20mm all round by the guys at sixonetwo...

IMG_1666.JPG[/attachment:3bh9s77k]

Q: It is a bit close to the liner on the front arches though, can these be removed or do they serve a specific purpose?

The car is going in for a spray today, so will come out with new bumpers, new lights & new shiny paint soon... :D

I got bored the other day & went through my records & updated loads of bits - OUCH!

This is the list of things done thus far:

Buy Car; J62394 Dated 25/06/1991

Top up Oil

New Coolant & Steering fluid

Re-Tumble locks to match ignition key

New stereo - Kenwood KDC-W5041UG

New mats

New Spark plugs

MOMO pedals

Fit newer gear stick & gear knob + newer Ashtray

New front tyres (Toyo VR 195/50-15) + balancing & tracking

Replace Spark plugs (NGK) Sparks

VAG air screw

Upgrade to Lupo GTi Wipers & Arms

Replace U bend fuel hose

Fit Climair Front Wind Deflectors

inpro black tint rear lights

Install upgraded Headlight loom

H4 Philips Power 2 Night GT-150

JKM Portsmouth; general service, Koni Coilovers installed, new front top mounts, new Sump plug, new water hose & coolant top up & Rolling road test

Smoked side indicators

G-Werks; Supercharger rebuild, ported to stage 5, new Brembo Max brake discs & service

ARZ; Mattig Rear Bumper, Mattig Front Bumper, Mattig Smooth License Plate Trim

SixOneTwo; Cades Miras alloys + spacers

Venom Motorsport; Chrome Angel Eye headlights

MV Classics; re-build with new Mattig bumpers & tinted Golf lights & complete re-spray

ISE; LaserLine Car Alarm system

In order to fit the headlight adjustors I had to take the eyebrow grille out & must have not fixed it back well cos it blew off on the motorway?!

Seeing as i was miles from home i found a Halfords and put this in as temp measure to stop too much dirt getting into the engine bay - I like it and am now working on a new eyebrow grille with a mesh front - what do you think?

Done a few odd little jobs lately like putting in the door handle repair kit and new parcel shelf + re-wiring the Amp to remove the rear shelf speakers...

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMG_3034v1.jpg[/attachment:10i1n5z2]

Before with grey shelf & speakers

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMG_3036v1.jpg[/attachment:10i1n5z2]

After with Black shelf & no speakers (Thanks to CazzaVR)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG_3038v1.jpg[/attachment:10i1n5z2]

Doors before

IMG_3046v1.jpg[/attachment:10i1n5z2]

Doors after (scratched the new paint work though - Clumsy TW@T!)

Hi Jake, glad you got the shelf fitted :) Car is looking great- loving the door mechs 8)

Woooo another Jake :clap: :lol:

Sorry I will go :wave:

Looks good by the way 8)

Been thinking about this for a while & spraying on and off for a few weeks - what do you think?

INPRO Rear Lights

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMG_3443v1.jpg[/attachment:28wgqdtz]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMG_3444v1.jpg[/attachment:28wgqdtz]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG_3446v1.jpg[/attachment:28wgqdtz]IMG_3447v1.jpg[/attachment:28wgqdtz]

Tinted original lights

Reckon it would look even better will all-reds ;) Out of those two though, I'd go with the Inpros.