Sign in to follow this  
Johnkerry

Springs and struts with 17in wheels ?

Hi , this is my 1st post so please dont shoot me if i ask some stupid question as ive only had the car home for 4 days.

I brought Andy williams G60, its a beautiful car and it handled great in England but the roads here are very rough so the suspension is just to hard and to low for here so i have a few questions,

1. What is the standard ride height of a G60 ?

2. Is it possible to fit 17in wheels with shocks and springs ( the last car i had big wheels on wouldnt fit with normal shocks),

If so what shocks and springs should i look at ?

I have read lots about coilovers on here but i cant find much about shocks and springs.

Any help would be greatfully recieved. Thanks.

John and Michelle

If you want 17 inch wheels then I think you are probably best off looking at a set of decent coilovers.

I have asked quite a few people on the forum about this and the general consensus is to get some KW Variant 2's circa £700.

I live in the Peak district with rubbish roads so it is all about ride quality for me as well.

Matt

I live in the Peak district with rubbish roads so it is all about ride quality for me as well.

Matt

:shock: some of the best roads in country mate

Matt

:shock: some of the best roads in country mate

LOL That they certainly are m8. I only meant in the quality of the road surfaces though :D Round my personal test route I was 30mph faster in some places with my std suspension than I am now with my Koni/Eibach :?

Thanks for the advice. £700 :eek: i forgot how quickly your wallet emptys when you have a performance car :lol: ive still got 1800 euros import duty to pay and 900 insurance. :( is there anything alittle bit cheaper to get me buy, untill i get to know the car alittle better and know what i really want ?

so any advice on suspension that wont break the bank and wont break my arse would be great. :)

Thanks.

Leonard - the car is on FK Konigsports and 17" x 7" Team Dynamic Pro Race 2's with 205/45's

Oh ok cool so it has some nice light 17's on then already 8)

Are the FK's not adjusatble then Andy to make them a bit more compliant?

Im going to try and raise the suspension that is already on the car and see what sort of result i get, but i havent got the c spaners and i cant find what size i need so please can any one who has the same suspension tell me what size they are? Cheers.

bump

Please can someone help, i found a place where i can order some C Spaners but they need to know what size i need, someone else on here must have FK Suspension, it is an hours drive to the closest place to get them so its impotant to know what size.

Thanks.

hi fella`s im back again , Ive been working on the coilovers for two days and i cant get the spring platforms to move, i managed to get a C Spanner and sprayed the shocks with WD40 given them a tap with a hammer and used a 5ft bar on the C spanner but they will not move, tomorrow im going to take them off clamp them in a vice and use a pair of stilson's because i cant thick of anything else to try. Is there any advice anyone can give me on getting these things undone?

And also if i make a mess of the collers can i replace them?

Thanks.