Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Rado replacement parts.....

Other than the suppliers that i've used in the past for supplying Genuine parts / aftermarket parts... Ie... VW, Eurocarparts and GSF. Anybody got any suggestion where I might purchase a standard first exhaust silencer... Ideally a origional VW part but i don't really want to entertain VW price's.

Without wishing to sound rude why not just get the VW item? They do last for bloody ages so are relatively good value for money if you intend to keep hold of your Corrado.

As for exhausts it is getting difficult to source aftermarket system for the Corrado now and to be frank as with most parts you really do get what you pay for.

I totally agree with you ! VW all the way just bought the rear box and mid section for £500 approx from VW, just exploring other avenues really. All the parts i've replaced so far on the rado are genuine VW. The silencer does not need changing just thought it might be worth doing but not for £150 at the moment thanks :lol:

The question really was possed at...do any other people sell genuine VW parts at reduced prices apart from VW. Our Yacht has a Volvo Penta Engine and the prices of these parts are marked up like VW parts.... But there are various outlets that sell genuine Volvo parts at reduced prices than the dealer is knocking them out at.

There is a company called Genuine Parts Co (GPC), down in London that will provide you with genuine VW parts with a discount of around 10% usually.

Unfortunately the best and easiest way is get friendly with your local VW parts dealer and negotiate your own discount, again usually around 10%.

i got a new centre box for my g60 from the car depatrment on german ebay good quality and looks standard, the dealers are not vw made anyway they are spurious and made by some one else and sold by them for loads of money. ive been having loads of trouble with my dealer about nuts and bolts there just not as good quality as originals i took off and loads of parts are obsolete too.