Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Bodged Pipe

'lo all,

I noticed under the bonnet of my VR today, that the pipe coming from the back of the inlet manifold, which leads under the where some have the PCV valve and then under inlet pipe. It the leads behind the airbox. It must be ripped or something because a previous owner has firstly used electrical tape to wrap the pipe then used zip tie to try to seal the hole (see pic). What does this pipe do? Does anyone have a part number for it?

Cheers

Gaz

haha so funny you should post this, i had exactly the same problem, the pipe leans on the exhaust manifold and melts...

vr6pipe.jpg

its for the carbon canister, just replace it with some more piping.

Thats the one CorradoVR6. :D

Neil did it cause you any running issues? Such as unmetered air, causing rich running? Or is it a case that it doesnt matter either way?

It will affect mixture, but possibly causing it to run lean, as air would be pulled in without passing through the MAF.

f*ck, running rich i can handle, running lean is not what i wanted to hear - or am i over reacting. Saying that, ive noticed alot of black soot around the exhaust tail pipe. So maybe it is running rich.

Just fix it, and you needn't worry either way. You're more likely to see a big air leak from a knackered pcv valve or associated pipework.

Have you Vag Comed the car to see what it's actually doing?

Lamba values below 1 indicate it is running lean and above indicate rich I believe.