Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Most pointless mod.... ever

JMC? CAn you do anything for the terrible round LEDS at the bottom of the clocks, ie replace them with some proper symbols which light up in the appropriate colour?

Possibly mate, but with may last experience of taking the clocks apart (where it tooks me ages to get the needles back in the right places), it's an area I've steered clear of. It would be the same principle as the stalks and switches though, if you want to give it a go. It would case a case of dremeling out sections of the black plastic, replacing them with the new bits, and then relocating slightly the leds so they were directly behind the icons. In fact the leds may be diffuse enough already to not need moving. The good thing is that you don't get up close to them, so they wouldn't need the finish needed for the switchgear. The only bit that makes me nervious though is the damn needles (and of course taking the clocks apart :lol: )....

Oddly enough I don't really have one shot of how mine is now unfortunately. Most of the work has ben put on hold over the last year due to gf constraints. However that has changed now so I might be able to get some more done. Most of the individual items are in my build thread though...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34451

And some of the switch work I used to do (operative word there- USED to do, it was massively time consuming) is on this one....

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=72211