Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Adjusting Coilovers?

Just taken the rear shocks off the car, they are weitec -40mm shocks with Pi -40mm springs.

i've bought the KW1's and they seem tiny to me, in every way :lol:

how am i meant to adjust them to their highest setting? do i wind the spring down down or up?

the overall strut, from top mount to the bottom mount is alot shorter then the weitec ones?

DSC01335.jpg

am confused now, i have visions of putting these coilovers on and it dropping to the floor, which is the last thing i want, i bought them to make car higher :lol:

Wind spring up = Raise car

Wind spring down = Lower car

Jesus christ mate, it's not rocket science :lol:

Just fit the things man :D

but they look so short :!

does the strut actually get longer, from spring plate to where it mounts at axle? all that it seems to do is compress the springs when i wind them up

Nope....strut is fixed!

The springs are indeed short, they have to be or you'd have no height adjustment range :D

They are much more compact and narrower in diameter than you're used to, but trust me, they WILL work, you'll see....

i'll just fit them and see whats what, rather than worry.

it just looks to me as if there won't be much travel in the spring if i have them wound fully up, theres still another inch left to go up in that pic

i've recently fitted my v3's - it's all very obvious once you fit them!

and you can get a surprising amount of adjustment once you get going - it's honestly very straight forward - suck it and see! :)

would it be best to adjust them both to the same level before installing, or do it all once they fitted.

they didn't arrive in the same positions

set the platforms to a set distance from the bottom of the threads, then when they have been fitted to the car you will have re adjust them again. A fixed position on of the platforms against the strut does not always relate to an even ride height once fitted to the car. When they have been fitted roughly adjust to your desired height, you can use the sill to the ground as a reference. Then drive the car a bit a re adjust as necessary. Ideally you want to measure the height when parked on level ground. Only once your happy with the height go and get your allignment done.